lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
cronanzone
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Solving My Problem

Hello, looking for any advise out there. I have a 2009 Ruff n Tuff CEV2 cart. It started running @ half speed. Batteries are good. It has a curtis 400a sepex controller. I did some inspecting of the last few days and found a cracked speed sensor magnet. I changed the magnet out with a new one. Cart still runs half speed. I tested the pot box (electronic foot pedal) which is a 0-5v throttle set up. It puts out 0v when the accelerator pedal is not depressed, and only 2.48v @ WOT. The linkage is properly adjusted so it is getting the proper rotation. It is only putting out half of the voltage when fully depressed, therefore cart only goes half speed. Problem identified. Now to figure out what is causing it, and how to fix it?

I tested all 4 wires on the box, and there is not a short. I looked over it and mechanically it is functioning as it should. There was some minor corrosion around one of the capacitors (see pic). I cleaned the corrosion off, and nothing was broken or detached from the board. I re tested it with the same result - 0-2.48v. couple questions that I am hoping someone can answer:

Based on all of the above, do you think I have a bad pot box, or bad controller? In other words is the pot box defective and that is why it is only putting out 2.48v @ WOT, or is the controller telling the pot box to only use 2.48v @ WOT?

I got a quote from a dealer that can drop ship the "jaichen EFP-712" chinese pot box to me, but they want 300 bucks. Ouch. Can I use any 0-5v set up that will play nice w/a curtis 1268-5403 controller, or do I have to get the original box that would be a drop in.

Thank for the help in advance,

Spencer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0290.jpg (84.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0294.jpg (135.4 KB, 0 views)
cronanzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts