lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #11
KCW357
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo Driven clutch free spin?

Spicyunicorn nailed it. Inside of driven clutch is smooth! Can that part be replaced? Not sure if it is worth rebuilding or buying a new one. I don’t plan on keeping this cart now that my wife and kids have the golf cart bus so quickest and least expensive fix so I can sell this wagon and get a 4 seater is the goal. Thanks everyone for helping out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E6EA883B-C314-4C3F-A203-727CC11AF466.jpg (176.4 KB, 0 views)
KCW357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #12
KCW357
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I answered my own question about replacing the part. I hope! Looks like a new clutch cam and I’ll be good to go. My question now is I don’t see a snap ring hold it together. Every video and diagrams I find shows a snap ring. Do some not use snap rings?
KCW357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #13
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I had to replace entire clutch when mine went out
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 09:15 PM   #14
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am having a similar issue with my cart now, its been sitting for about a month and my drive clutch has been giving me issues for a little bit so i thought it was that, i just installed a brand new 780 comet clutch, same sh*t. i will say the new drive clutch is working flawlessly, cant wait to get it out.

as for the driven clutch, i can stick the cart in gear and spin it with my hand and the cart will half a$$ roll but i can stop it with my foot and the clutch will just keep spinning.

So next I wanted to drain the diff just to see if metal would start falling out or not from the new speed gears i just installed. NOTHING

finally i jacked up the driver side only on the axle and immediately the tire fell back towards the cart i was like wow, these hubs have maybe 15 hours of princess drive time on them.

so with that being said, where should i get OEM hubs from? are all TXT, ST Sport & Workhorse hubs the same? I typically just order them from shop.txtsv.com

IF there is a better alternative than factory parts i am all ears, i dont care about the cost just want my hole cart to be as reliable as possible.

thanks in advanced.
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:15 AM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Not saying that in the case of hubs that OEM is better than aftermarket because I've replaced many and bunches of them and the most important part of reassembly is cleaning axle and hub mating splines and axle nut torque.
If you get it torqued properly and the cotter doesn't align then move forward (tighter) to install cotter pin, not backward, even if it's closer.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:38 AM   #16
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellett5261 View Post
so with that being said, where should i get OEM hubs from? are all TXT, ST Sport & Workhorse hubs the same? I typically just order them from shop.txtsv.com

IF there is a better alternative than factory parts i am all ears, i dont care about the cost just want my hole cart to be as reliable as possible.

thanks in advanced.
Never tried them but…

Ausco Heavy Duty Brake Drum/Hub
"Tired of stripping out your brake drums? Here's the solution. Try out this Heavy Duty Hub/Drum and consider your problem solved . Made of carbon steel"

https://www.amazon.com/Ausco-Heavy-D.../dp/B07K8TH88D
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:31 PM   #17
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I am having a similar issue with my cart now, its been sitting for about a month and my drive clutch has been giving me issues for a little bit so i thought it was that, i just installed a brand new 780 comet clutch, same sh*t. i will say the new drive clutch is working flawlessly, cant wait to get it out.

as for the driven clutch, i can stick the cart in gear and spin it with my hand and the cart will half a$$ roll but i can stop it with my foot and the clutch will just keep spinning.

So next I wanted to drain the diff just to see if metal would start falling out or not from the new speed gears i just installed. NOTHING

finally i jacked up the driver side only on the axle and immediately the tire fell back towards the cart i was like wow, these hubs have maybe 15 hours of princess drive time on them.

thanks in advanced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Not saying that in the case of hubs that OEM is better than aftermarket because I've replaced many and bunches of them and the most important part of reassembly is cleaning axle and hub mating splines and axle nut torque.
If you get it torqued properly and the cotter doesn't align then move forward (tighter) to install cotter pin, not backward, even if it's closer.
what is the proper torque for the axle nut? i seems to me that the cotter pin broke and the nut backed off and stripped out the hub.
Old 10-19-2021, 01:32 PM   #18
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Never tried them but…

Ausco Heavy Duty Brake Drum/Hub
"Tired of stripping out your brake drums? Here's the solution. Try out this Heavy Duty Hub/Drum and consider your problem solved . Made of carbon steel"

https://www.amazon.com/Ausco-Heavy-D.../dp/B07K8TH88D
I ended up going with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007R0J7JG...roduct_details

we'll se if it holds up longer than the last one.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:21 AM   #19
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
what is the proper torque for the axle nut? i seems to me that the cotter pin broke and the nut backed off and stripped out the hub.
the manual reads 90- 140 FT PDS . Stating never back off the nut to fit the cotter pin.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #20
fchafey
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I ended up going with this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007R0J7JG...roduct_details

we'll se if it holds up longer than the last one.
I bought two of those. Replace my left one as it was shot after 3.5 years of over 200 rounds of golf per year. When i torqued the left side nut I had to tighten a little more to align the pin. I decided to check the right side as i rotated tires and it was serviceable and tight.
fchafey is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
driven clutch, ezgo, gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO