lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default G9 engine conversion

I have some engine conversion questions. I have tried to post a new thread a couple of times but it did not work. Anyway here goes again.

Conversion to a Briggs engine.

1. Motor mounts I can work out but any cautions from experience would help.
2. Do folks with engine conversions use a start and idle system or do they use the start with gas pedal (cart system)?

3. The most important is the Yamaha clutch conversion method.

I can work these things out but I would like to be ready before I rip it down. I have too many long term projects now.
My G9 engine has a bad coil and I think the counter balance is knocking (sounds like a rod bearing but isn't). Repair cost would offset some conversion cost.
Do any of you folks have any input on this?

Thanks, Tony
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 engine conversion

1. I'm not sure, if it can be done you would need to machine the ID of the
clutch to fit.

2. The engine mount is fairly simple, maybe you can get some ideas here:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...ebadboyg9.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...oys-g-9-a.html

3. I have mine setup to idle like a car, I think most do it this way.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: G9 engine conversion

I found part of the problem with my old G9 engine. The spark plug cap was open. It should have a resistance of 1 K ohms and it read infinite resistance. I pulled the spark plug cap off of an old Yamaha motorcycle it measured around 15K ohm or higher. It did have a spark and tried to run. Was not good but proved the cap was bad. I will get a new cap and check it again.
I think I can modify the Yamaha clutch to fit a Briggs. The only problem for me will be cutting a key slot.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha