lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #21
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installed Alltrax XCT 300a controller, new solenoid. nothing works

Where are you getting the solenoids? I guess anyone can get a bad batch.
Try using a site sponsor if possible.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2018, 09:04 PM   #22
jshae
Not Yet Wild

Raystar57, will do if needed. I noticed the #8 wire on the harness clip is damaged. Anyone know what gauge of wire and size/name of the female piece is that clamps to the wire and goes into the harness?...that then pugs into the controller? Thank you.
jshae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:09 AM   #23
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the wire on Pin 8 is damaged, it is probably the reason for the problems. If the pin in the plug is not damaged, why not repair the wire connection to the pin. Unless the damage is right at the connector, then you may need to splice and add a new pin. Or possibly remove the existing pin to allow a solder splice back to it. All possibilities. How about a picture of the damged #8 wire connection?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf YAMAHA YDRE - XCT Wiring Diagram Rev F.pdf (136.1 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #24
jshae
Not Yet Wild

PingEye thanks, was able to repair connection. Solenoid clicks when the throttle is pressed and released. Solenoid does not click when switched to run and/or ignition switch is turned on. Getting full pack at ignition and f/w. Controller is solid green. I'm not getting a reading at the TPS. I replaced the sensor but not the clip as it doesn't appear damaged. I followed the 3 wires to the controller and I didn't find any noticeable problems. Attached are readings from the Alltrax software, one with accelerator pressed, one not. How do I test the TPS? Maybe I am not testing it correctly. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ACartNoPedal.jpg (236.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ACartPedalPressed.jpg (370.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:02 PM   #25
jshae
Not Yet Wild

Good luck with this one. Tested ohm at TPS orange to black wires at the pedal end, not controller end. When I put voltmeter on connecting wire and pressed pedal the cart goes in reverse, select reverse and cart goes forward but only when the voltmeter is testing ohm. When tested for voltage the pedal does not engage the motor forward or reverse. LOL, it’s just funny at this point
Old 07-31-2018, 04:54 PM   #26
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Do not test ohms while plugged in, can destroy meter or controller. The orange and black wires should read 5v. The black and blue wires should read a variable from 0v to 5v as pedal is pressed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #27
mikkeeh
Not Yet Wild

Just curious. Don’t even see any 300a controllers on scottyb’s site. Was thinking of getting one for my g22.
mikkeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:38 PM   #28
jshae
Not Yet Wild

Mikkeeh - I purchased from edrives. I didn't know of this forum until after purchasing (Alltrax XCT 48300), otherwise I would've bought from ScottyB. Since buying the controller, its taken 3-4 days to receive a response from edrives email support so this seems to be a never-ending pain for me at this time. So, I tested the black and blue, black/orange wires. I get no readings. TPS is new, wiring harness clip to the TPS is original to the cart. I'm having no success and locating a harness for the TPS online. BTW, when switched to RUN, no click from solenoid, no click when ignition is switched to on, but the solenoid clicks when pedal is pressed and released, consistently over and over. The ignition and tow/run test at full pack when switched on. When I accidently engaged the motor while testing for ohms at the TPS (before I knew not to test for ohms, to test voltage), the wheels turned in reverse for forward, forward for reverse. According to the Alltrax instructions, the two wires from motor need to be switched. Since that was the first time I've seen the motor turn the wheels since installing this controller I don't know if its a$# backwards due to some other reason or cables need switched. Would that cause the solenoid not to engage when switched to Run and ignition being turned on? Any help or advise is appreciated.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #29
mikkeeh
Not Yet Wild

Just looked at their site. Is it possible you got the wrong throttle type? I see they have several listed.....Just a thought
mikkeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #30
jshae
Not Yet Wild

TPS? I got it from Jason’s Cart but could be. I looked on Yamaha ydre owners manual and seems to be the only part not listed, naturally. Lol

Tags
alltrax xct 300a, yamaha drive no go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha