lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car


Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #11
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 38
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
There is also ReLion, but at $1300/30Ah it's even more expensive than Alliance.

https://relionbattery.com/products/l...nsight-gc2-48v
Added the Relion Batteries to the list. As I reported, the following is what I experienced with the Roypow addition:

Previous setup: 2017 Onward, 215/40/12 tires, 48V system with 6ea 8V batteries, Curtis controller M/N 1515-5206 (code 4), OEM solenoid & OEM EJ8-4001A 3.3hp motor. Results - max 19 mph and very reliable. Batteries close to the end of their life so I decided to go Lithium and change controller for more speed and torque.

New setup: Same cart and tires, Roypow S51105 lithium battery, Alltrax XCT48400 controller, MZJ-400A solenoid, same motor. Results - immediately noticed a torque and speed increase. The top end speed now is 25+mph and torque is beyond my expectations. The issue that I experienced the first day was a slight re-occurring hesitation at full throttle. I have since recalibrated my Alltrax to Sergio's recommended custom throttle and speed settings. All is great expect for rarely I push the pedal with no response - I release the pedal and push again - it works. If anyone has a solution - please respond.

The overall first time mileage to report is 3 rounds of golf with one mile travel to and from the course results in 6 bars on the SOC meter, thus approx. two bars per 10 miles on various speeds and somewhat of a slight hilly course. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1861.jpg (220.2 KB, 0 views)
cajun000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 02-10-2021, 04:27 PM   #12
ACHiPo
Gone Wild
 
ACHiPo's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: E. Bay, CA USA
Posts: 166
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun000 View Post
Added the Relion Batteries to the list. As I reported, the following is what I experienced with the Roypow addition:

Previous setup: 2017 Onward, 215/40/12 tires, 48V system with 6ea 8V batteries, Curtis controller M/N 1515-5206 (code 4), OEM solenoid & OEM EJ8-4001A 3.3hp motor. Results - max 19 mph and very reliable. Batteries close to the end of their life so I decided to go Lithium and change controller for more speed and torque.

New setup: Same cart and tires, Roypow S51105 lithium battery, Alltrax XCT48400 controller, MZJ-400A solenoid, same motor. Results - immediately noticed a torque and speed increase. The top end speed now is 25+mph and torque is beyond my expectations. The issue that I experienced the first day was a slight re-occurring hesitation at full throttle. I have since recalibrated my Alltrax to Sergio's recommended custom throttle and speed settings. All is great expect for rarely I push the pedal with no response - I release the pedal and push again - it works. If anyone has a solution - please respond.

The overall first time mileage to report is 3 rounds of golf with one mile travel to and from the course results in 6 bars on the SOC meter, thus approx. two bars per 10 miles on various speeds and somewhat of a slight hilly course. Hope this helps.
Great feedback. Thanks. Can't wait to get my battery and controller kit!
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:29 PM   #13
fstop
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 596
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun000 View Post
Added the Relion Batteries to the list. As I reported, the following is what I experienced with the Roypow addition:

Previous setup: 2017 Onward, 215/40/12 tires, 48V system with 6ea 8V batteries, Curtis controller M/N 1515-5206 (code 4), OEM solenoid & OEM EJ8-4001A 3.3hp motor. Results - max 19 mph and very reliable. Batteries close to the end of their life so I decided to go Lithium and change controller for more speed and torque.

New setup: Same cart and tires, Roypow S51105 lithium battery, Alltrax XCT48400 controller, MZJ-400A solenoid, same motor. Results - immediately noticed a torque and speed increase. The top end speed now is 25+mph and torque is beyond my expectations. The issue that I experienced the first day was a slight re-occurring hesitation at full throttle. I have since recalibrated my Alltrax to Sergio's recommended custom throttle and speed settings. All is great expect for rarely I push the pedal with no response - I release the pedal and push again - it works. If anyone has a solution - please respond.

The overall first time mileage to report is 3 rounds of golf with one mile travel to and from the course results in 6 bars on the SOC meter, thus approx. two bars per 10 miles on various speeds and somewhat of a slight hilly course. Hope this helps.
Not sure if this is your issue but pushing the pedal down w/ no response could be that the controller is missing the throttle switch clicking on. I know the Navitas has a setting for "minimum throttle voltage" and typically that should be set just higher than where the MCOR switch clicks on. In my experience, the MCOR switches switch ON at a slightly higher voltage than they click back OFF, so you may want to investigate that, but setting the minimum throttle voltage higher may solve your problem (assuming your MCOR is working correctly).

Good luck with it.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:00 PM   #14
cajun000
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 38
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Not sure if this is your issue but pushing the pedal down w/ no response could be that the controller is missing the throttle switch clicking on. I know the Navitas has a setting for "minimum throttle voltage" and typically that should be set just higher than where the MCOR switch clicks on. In my experience, the MCOR switches switch ON at a slightly higher voltage than they click back OFF, so you may want to investigate that, but setting the minimum throttle voltage higher may solve your problem (assuming your MCOR is working correctly).

Good luck with it.
Thanks for your suggestions. Not sure the Alltrax has this feature but will check into it.
cajun000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 02:43 PM   #15
txcanes
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 2
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
I have dealt with allied and they aren't quite what they are cracked up to be.
What was your bad experience? Looking at them now.
txcanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #16
Jack Daniels
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 32
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Havenít seen much about the Extreme Team batteries. I guess the 12 V switch on the battery would eliminate the need for a reducer for your accessories?
Jack Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:43 PM   #17
ACHiPo
Gone Wild
 
ACHiPo's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: E. Bay, CA USA
Posts: 166
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
Havenít seen much about the Extreme Team batteries. I guess the 12 V switch on the battery would eliminate the need for a reducer for your accessories?
I will gladly post my thoughts when I get mine. Unfortunately customs delays, led to shipping delays, which led to having to recharge the packs, which led to more shipping delays. At least they are doing a good job keeping customers updated of the status.
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:05 PM   #18
mfra0801
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 9
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Thought I would chime in and provide some pictures of my much awaited battery pack from Extreme Team. My cart is a 2015 RXV and I ordered the 150ah pack with 20amp sealed charger. Had some delays due to Covid/customs/etc, but Blake from extreme team was super responsive and kept me updated. I ended up getting a Navitas 600a controller so I could make adjustments easier but hopefully get get my curtis350a modified by the Guru himself at some point. Donít have much more info just yet as itís been too cold in upstate NY and wonít stop snowing!
mfra0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:42 PM   #19
e2v
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 11
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfra0801 View Post
Thought I would chime in and provide some pictures of my much awaited battery pack from Extreme Team. My cart is a 2015 RXV and I ordered the 150ah pack with 20amp sealed charger.
How's the new battery performing, thoughts? Thinking of getting the same.
e2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:41 PM   #20
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Md.
Posts: 805
Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Along with performance. What was the total cost for upgrade?😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
72V lithium pack? All things Lithium
Need a new lithium pack Lithium Club Car
Looking for a new Lithium Pack Lithium EZGO
Motor amp draw chart/curves for Lithium battery conversion Electric EZGO
36V Battery comparison Chart and other questions Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.