lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
sproctor72
Not Yet Wild

Default BobBoyce, new member here

Bob I know I have to get to 3-5 post count before I can pm. I need to get a controller programmed.
sproctor72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2021, 12:23 PM   #2
sproctor72
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: BobBoyce, new member here

I also need a schematic
Old 10-07-2021, 12:24 PM   #3
sproctor72
Not Yet Wild

And some advice on programming for the Alltrax controller I have
Old 10-07-2021, 01:25 PM   #4
jhornbr225
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What type of Alltrax?

I just programmed an SR model on my series cart, and it was super simple with the free software from Alltrax, and a USB A to B cable. The B side of it is the squareish one, like for a printer.

Really, for the SR model, all you need to set is your top speed, as a percentage, your Accel rate, as a percentage, and your Amps, that is, battery and motor amps.

I saw descriptions of battery versus motor amps on a post here somewhere, and after watching the monitor function while driving the cart it makes sense.

Motor Amps is torque. That's what gets the cart moving. At low speed, the motor amps will be much higher than the battery amps. While I was monitoring that day, I saw motor amps of 300A I think, but the max battery amps to get moving was 60A.

Battery Amps is Horsepower. Once you get up to speed, the motor amps and battery amps will begin to equalize with each other.

It's all about power, as in Watts. Watts = Amps x Volts. Minus any losses in the controller, (minimal). So power out of the controller is approximately power in. At low speeds, Motor Volts are low. So to get power, you have higher motor amps. As the speed increases, the voltage to the motor is also increasing, so for the same power, the motor amps decrease. When the load steadies out, say cruising speed, then the power required to maintain that is much less than what it takes to accelerate. At that point Motor Volts are high, so motor current can really drop off. Now add a hill, or more people, or weight on the cart, and the power required to do the work increases. So the current has to increase.

On the battery side, minus any battery voltage sag under load, the Voltage is nearly constant. So the only thing changing, depending on load, is amps.

I was amazed that once I was up to speed, on level ground, with only me on the cart, that my battery monitor said I was drawing between 2-5 amps.

Also, you have to remember with a Series cart, there is no speed feedback to the controller. That's what makes them so simple. But there is also a downside. The controller is basically "stupid". When you ask for a certain speed with your throttle pedal, you are telling it to put out a certain voltage. At varying loads, the same voltage will give you varying speeds. Especially at low speeds, there is what's called IR drop in the motor. In my case, I had reverse set at too low of a speed. I could not climb a small hump to get into my garage. Even at full throttle, the controller was putting out the proper voltage, but the high load at low speed meant the motor was not turning, which is bad, and can overheat the motor. Without a speed sensor on the motor, there is no way for the controller to know if the motor is actually turning. I just turned up the reverse speed slightly, then it was able to climb the hump in reverse, no problem.
jhornbr225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:46 PM   #5
rickdawson1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I too am looking to get my controller reprogrammed. I’m in Fort Myers. Or can I mail it to you. 2021 ezgo l6 elite lithium. .
rickdawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:48 PM   #6
sproctor72
Not Yet Wild

My friend would like to get you to reprogram his Curtis 6.0 1206AC-5221 to increase his speed. The cart has the factory Samsung lithium battery in it. Is there anything you can do for him. If so can you give me an idea of the price, turn around time and shipping address Thanks in advance.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #7
sproctor72
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhornbr225 View Post
What type of Alltrax?

I just programmed an SR model on my series cart, and it was super simple with the free software from Alltrax, and a USB A to B cable. The B side of it is the squareish one, like for a printer.

Really, for the SR model, all you need to set is your top speed, as a percentage, your Accel rate, as a percentage, and your Amps, that is, battery and motor amps.

I saw descriptions of battery versus motor amps on a post here somewhere, and after watching the monitor function while driving the cart it makes sense.

Motor Amps is torque. That's what gets the cart moving. At low speed, the motor amps will be much higher than the battery amps. While I was monitoring that day, I saw motor amps of 300A I think, but the max battery amps to get moving was 60A.

Battery Amps is Horsepower. Once you get up to speed, the motor amps and battery amps will begin to equalize with each other.

It's all about power, as in Watts. Watts = Amps x Volts. Minus any losses in the controller, (minimal). So power out of the controller is approximately power in. At low speeds, Motor Volts are low. So to get power, you have higher motor amps. As the speed increases, the voltage to the motor is also increasing, so for the same power, the motor amps decrease. When the load steadies out, say cruising speed, then the power required to maintain that is much less than what it takes to accelerate. At that point Motor Volts are high, so motor current can really drop off. Now add a hill, or more people, or weight on the cart, and the power required to do the work increases. So the current has to increase.

On the battery side, minus any battery voltage sag under load, the Voltage is nearly constant. So the only thing changing, depending on load, is amps.

I was amazed that once I was up to speed, on level ground, with only me on the cart, that my battery monitor said I was drawing between 2-5 amps.

Also, you have to remember with a Series cart, there is no speed feedback to the controller. That's what makes them so simple. But there is also a downside. The controller is basically "stupid". When you ask for a certain speed with your throttle pedal, you are telling it to put out a certain voltage. At varying loads, the same voltage will give you varying speeds. Especially at low speeds, there is what's called IR drop in the motor. In my case, I had reverse set at too low of a speed. I could not climb a small hump to get into my garage. Even at full throttle, the controller was putting out the proper voltage, but the high load at low speed meant the motor was not turning, which is bad, and can overheat the motor. Without a speed sensor on the motor, there is no way for the controller to know if the motor is actually turning. I just turned up the reverse speed slightly, then it was able to climb the hump in reverse, no problem.
I have the XCT 500amp controller. I talked to Alltrax and gave them my motor info but the patch they gave me to set it up would not work. When I reset it to factory settings it would work but not specificity set up for the motor I have on the cart

Tags
2018, lithium, rxv, samsung
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO