lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #21
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Noise From Rear

It's not that bad. It's pretty straightforward. Just make sure you make a good silicone gasket when you put it back together. You'll need a bearing puller or a hydraulic press.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2015, 10:34 PM   #22
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

So what about the rear bearing in the motor housing...I had a simular problem and that 6203 bearing was bad.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #23
TROPHYMAN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
So what about the rear bearing in the motor housing...I had a simular problem and that 6203 bearing was bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's not that bad. It's pretty straightforward. Just make sure you make a good silicone gasket when you put it back together. You'll need a bearing puller or a hydraulic press.
Thanks David. I've got both puller and press. Built lots of LS engines so very familure with RTV gaskets.

So..... is there a bearing in the motor housing? It must be on the rear of the rotor shaft.

Thanks

BTW: What oil goes in the trans-axle?? Also, do I have to pull the axle tubes loose before splitting the case??
TROPHYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #24
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Noise From Rear

Yes it's in the rear of the motor opposite of where the motor attaches to the rear end housing and I have had two Club Cars where that bearing has been bad and you would have sworn the rear end bearings are bad...this bearing relies on its factory grease with no other lubrication. You do have to disassemble the motor to replace it but it's fairly straight forward. It gives you a chance to clean things up and check the brushes. I found the most difficult part was the bearing retainer but with a 2 1/2" 8/32 screw you can pull up the retainer enough to get one of the short screws started then you are home free. You can get the bearing from any auto parts store but be sure to get a rubber sealed bearing. One final bit of advice...be sure to mark the case with some sort of marker so you get it all back together just as it came apart otherwise your cable connections will be in the wrong location...experience is such a great teacher!
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #25
TROPHYMAN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
Yes it's in the rear of the motor opposite of where the motor attaches to the rear end housing and I have had two Club Cars where that bearing has been bad and you would have sworn the rear end bearings are bad...this bearing relies on its factory grease with no other lubrication. You do have to disassemble the motor to replace it but it's fairly straight forward. It gives you a chance to clean things up and check the brushes. I found the most difficult part was the bearing retainer but with a 2 1/2" 8/32 screw you can pull up the retainer enough to get one of the short screws started then you are home free. You can get the bearing from any auto parts store but be sure to get a rubber sealed bearing. One final bit of advice...be sure to mark the case with some sort of marker so you get it all back together just as it came apart otherwise your cable connections will be in the wrong location...experience is such a great teacher!
Thanks, so much, for the advice and guidance.
TROPHYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car