lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #11
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: PQ bandit + 400 or 500 amp?

What I was saying earlier. You need to change both controller and motor. Half an upgrade won't work. Maybe unless you live in Florida.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2015, 08:50 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit8matt View Post
I believe this cart comes with a stock 250 amp controller. Price difference I've seen on an Alltrax 400 vs 500 is around $190.
If you shop around you can find my store where the cost difference between
A 400 DCX and 200a solenoid and 500a DCX and 400a solenoid is only about $100
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #13
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Basing my comments off my own Excel cart with 22" wheels... Brand new Crown batts, 2 gauge cables, PQ Executioner motor with the stock controller would not get me into the 24/25 zone was stuck in the 20/22 range. Changed the controller and solenoid to get the 30/33 plus speeds I get today.... Only thing I can't vouch for is if the controller was programmed for SC4 but that should not have mattered with the PQ motor right? But without question the 500 amp controller gave me not only speed it gave me the TORQUE to climb hills that the stock controller would not....
Every cart is different but I've had three different PQ Bandit motors in my cart. The first Purple got me over 26 mph with 22" tires and the original 250 curtis controller and STOCK 6 gauge wires... (actual top speed was 28 mph.) It's be stated here for years prior on BGW. My second PQ purple, first one broke a brush, would only get me 24 mph with 22" tires and the 250 amp curtis as well as 4 gauge wires. my current motor is a PH Purple in my IQ cart and gets me 30 mph, but this time I do have a 350 amp curtis controller with the 4 gauge wires. I'll post the original link when I did my first motor back in January of 2009, six plus years ago. We've learned alot since then, like you didn't need Code 4, etc. to get those speeds. Also on PQ's site they state 24-25 mph with the Purple motor as long as batteries are good and cart doesn't drag/resistance with brakes, etc.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...et-26-mph.html
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:18 AM   #14
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you shop around you can find my store where the cost difference between
A 400 DCX and 200a solenoid and 500a DCX and 400a solenoid is only about $100
Really, these days and as much money we put into the carts, that 100 extra for the solenoid and controller upgrade difference is pocket change in the grand schemes of things.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car