lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2015, 10:10 AM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Gauge Wiring

There is nothing that limits voltage from batteries to key switch.

In some IQ carts, there is a diode in series with the Tow/run switch, so in those carts the key switch will be 0.7v less than actual pack positive voltage.

That can be thought of as a "feature" since the pack will always be a little better that You think it is.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2015, 06:56 AM   #22
tsafey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If the meter goes off when you put the cart on Tow, You have the wrong side of the key switch.

You are connected to the "Hot Side", just move the "C" wire to other side ("Cold Side"), which is the one the blue wire is connected to.

If both sides are Hot all the time, You have other problems....
You were 100% correct. I had it connected to the "Hot Side" of the switch. Easy swap over and now it works properly. Thank you so much for your help.
tsafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #23
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
In some IQ carts, there is a diode in series with the Tow/run switch, so in those carts the key switch will be 0.7v less than actual pack positive voltage.
I will soon be installing a Solenoid Dropout Harness on my 02, it will be interesting to see if it affects my meter reading. I am thinking it will. Right now the meter is dead on with the actual pack voltage...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car