lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
ndicott1945
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha 48 volt motor problem

My wife purchased a Yamaha 48v golf cart. Has an upgraded motor for speed. There is delay between pushing down pedal and the motor engaging going forward, doesn't seem to have the delay in reverse.
Believe its a 2002. What if anything do I need to replace?
Thanks in advance.
ndicott1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha 48 volt motor problem

What motor, what controller, how long delay?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
ndicott1945
Not Yet Wild

Checked with original owner. He states it was an upgrade from Yamaha when he purchased it new. There is probably at least a one second delay before cart starts rolling slowly, then picks up speed. Paperwork says its a "High Speed J22E" motor. Previous owner says the dealer told him it as a safety feature.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Ok let me restate this. Please read & record the info from the motor tag and controller tag (controller info is most important) & post that info here. Any upgrades done back in those days were done with aftermarket parts (installed by dealer, not on assembly line), yamaha (the factory & parts) didnt offer any motor or controller or speed upgrades . BTW- what is your top speed? (high speed gears can make a perceived delay).
Old 06-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #5
ndicott1945
Not Yet Wild

I have the purchase invoice. The only change from original equipment was part number G22E High Speed Motor, they game him a credit for the stock motor. Based on that, the controller would be the "stock" controller on a 2006.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:20 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Ok, a 13 & 19mph cart used the same motor. Yahama does not offer a different "G22e high speed" motor for high speed use. Guess i need to explain a little a how factory speed upgrades work form yamaha. A basic yamaha cart as delivered to a golf course goes about 12-14mph, but it uses all the same motor & controller as the 19mph "PTV" model. The factory has the speed "locked" in the controller software, but it is adjustable by a yamaha dealer. Any "fleet" cart G22 models and newer equipped with the Moric controller and the ADC or Hitachi motor can be upgraded to 19mph by buying a secret code and installing the secret code with a pda and yamaha software (both motors only go 19mph MAX from yamaha, with stock wheels). No "upgrade motors" are offered by yamaha golf car corporation, thats not how they upgrade their models. PLEASE GO TO THE CART, AND LOOK AT THE PARTS WITH YOUR OWN EYES. If you are not willing to go look at the cart you are supposedly wishing to repair yourself, then i cant help.

Tags
yamaha 48v motor delay
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha