lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #1
briebb
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car or EZGO? Photos included

I know you're the experts. We're shopping for a family campground cruiser; mostly paved surfaces with some hills.

I've found 3 that I like, and would appreciate advice on each, for which you think would fit our needs best. (Photos of all 3 attached.)

1. 2010 Custom RXV, orange & black. Expected speeds on this cart? Known issues? Ease of modifying, if needed? Why would you choose this one? (Photos of cart and batteries below.)

2. 2011 Custom Club Car, Lime Green. Expected speeds on this cart? Known issues? Ease of modifying, if needed? Why would you choose this one? (Photo of cart below.)

3. 2010 Custom ST body PDS, aqua blue. Expected speeds on this cart? Known issues? Ease of modifying, if needed? Why would you choose this one? I'm aware this has original electronics, and the controller & wires should be upgraded - Not super excited about immediately spending more money on it, but willing if "this is the one." I do like the outside looks of this one the best, but also thought interior battery compartment might show some rust. (Photos of cart and batteries below.)

THANK YOU for all your help!! I really appreciate it, as being a newbie in this market can be a real head scratcher.

**Cross posted in EZGO folder** Hoping to get honest advice from owners of both brands. Hope that's allowed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart 2.jpg (34.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart Batts.jpg (31.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf-Cart-Lime-Green.jpg (64.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf Cart.jpg (34.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart 2.jpg (28.3 KB, 0 views)
briebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
breese2001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car or EZGO? Photos included

Looks like that green one is from King of Carts in SC? I'd go with that one:

1) they strip down the carts and clean them up real nice before putting them back together
2) they put all new batteries in the cart
3) they're a site sponsor

They do good work. Of course, shipping cost is an added factor, but their prices are great.
breese2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #3
briebb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by breese2001 View Post
Looks like that green one is from King of Carts in SC? I'd go with that one:

1) they strip down the carts and clean them up real nice before putting them back together
2) they put all new batteries in the cart
3) they're a site sponsor

They do good work. Of course, shipping cost is an added factor, but their prices are great.
Yes, it is from King of Carts. I like that one a lot. My only hold up is shipping... By the time we ship it, it would be about $1k MORE than the other options. Not sure if that makes it worth it?
Old 07-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

For that money you could just about drive it and cut the cost in half...maybe you could find somebody that has a good cart trailer you could use.
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #5
briebb
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss20 View Post
For that money you could just about drive it and cut the cost in half...maybe you could find somebody that has a good cart trailer you could use.
We do have a trailer we could use... Or possibly even haul it in the bed of our truck. I did some uShip bids and they were cheaper, so I'm still leaning toward shipping it, however I haven't decided which cart we should purchase yet. I definitely like the quality I'm seeing at King of Carts, and toying with the idea of contacting them for a bid on a completely custom build and color.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:32 AM   #6
breese2001
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by briebb View Post
... toying with the idea of contacting them for a bid on a completely custom build and color.
Give them a call. I called them quite a few times when I was doing my research and the girls that answered the phone had quite a bit of info and put together quotes based off the different options we were wanting.
breese2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

All three carts with stock 18 inch tires can be set to run just under 20mph with the stock controllers. The difference is the RXV will hold that speed climbing most hills because of the AC drive system. Add bigger wheels and tires and speed will increase.. My stock RXV with 21 inch tires was around 23-24-mph. The CC and the PDS will be similar. It looks like the RXV has bigger wheels but low pro tires so I would guess low 20s in speed and the controller won't complain much. The other two look like 22s or 23s and after a while that stock controller and solenoid are going to die.. As for upgrades, not much for the RXV in the electrical world but other stuff is available. The CC and PDS there are plenty.. Failure points, RXV had issues with the motor brake and solenoids early on but most of that has been worked out. Motor brake still can have problems. CC had issues with the MCORs/Throttle box. PDS have been pretty solid but remember note about controller failure..

With your three the RXV may be the best bet.. The only thing I see bad is it has the 4 12 battery configuration and auto water system. That setup does not last long.. If you did get that one when the batteries do go replace them with 6 8 volts and a voltage converter if it doesn't already have one..

My 2 cents
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car