lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Using the Alltrax 1/2 speed reverse option

Anybody using the 1/2 speed reverse option on the Alltrax? If so, how are you sending the 48v to the controller?

My F/R has only one micro-switch and it would require another that would only operate when the F/R was in the reverse position. Don't have it in front of me at the moment but don't recall seeing any mounting brackets for an additional one. Is this a readily available switch?

Of course, I could forget the Alltrax option and just wire 1/2 battery voltage but I do not like running off a portion of the batteries because from my experience in other areas, it leads to premature battery failure. Then there is the toggle switch option to trigger the Alltrax but that's even less desirable to me than the 1/2 voltage option.

The ideal solution will be if there is a micro-switch I can just install for reverse.
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Using the Alltrax 1/2 speed reverse option

What make and year cart?
Which model Alltrax? AXE or DCX
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
klanel
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Using the Alltrax 1/2 speed reverse option

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
What make and year cart?
Which model Alltrax? AXE or DCX
92 DS, but the only original electrical components left are the key switch and light switch.

Using a SPM
klanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car