lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #21
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Disable back up alarm?

Can I just disable my gas pedal to be wide open all the time? That way all I have to do is turn the key on and I can blast off? Maybe some zip ties could help me hmmm.........
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #22
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongbeardExpress View Post
Can I just disable my gas pedal to be wide open all the time? That way all I have to do is turn the key on and I can blast off? Maybe some zip ties could help me hmmm.........
Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #23
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

My backup alarm quit on my 2000 PDS at some point last week. No one in my family seems to know when or what happened. I have been on line trying to find a new alarm. Any advise on trouble shooting and/or finding a new alarm?
Old 03-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #24
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Rock I think you can pick up pioz (SP) buzzer at any parts store.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #25
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks Dooms, I will take it up to the parts store and see if they can match it.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #26
Jibba
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtshiloh View Post
Wow! Ignorance must be bliss in your case. I being a driver that pays attention to what is around me, thought that the back up alarm was a warning for me, the one and only driver of my cart. So the LED is for me as a reminder , not for pesonal property that has no cognitive function, or ablility to get out of the way of an alarm.

Now, for the rest of of who have an IQ over 2. Does anyone know what the diagnostic function of the alarm serves? I keep hearing about it, and as of yet have not heard as to it's purpose.
How about a child nearby??? Or better yet your ex golfing buddy who was retreiving his wedge and GOT RUN OVER because your beer was in the way of the LED......
Old 03-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #27
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

"My backup alarm quit on my 2000 PDS at some point last week. No one in my family seems to know when or what happened. I have been on line trying to find a new alarm. Any advise on trouble shooting and/or finding a new alarm?"

Maybe 95EZGO came by and snipped your wire...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #28
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtshiloh View Post
Wow! Ignorance must be bliss in your case. I being a driver that pays attention to what is around me, thought that the back up alarm was a warning for me, the one and only driver of my cart. So the LED is for me as a reminder , not for pesonal property that has no cognitive function, or ablility to get out of the way of an alarm.

Now, for the rest of of who have an IQ over 2. Does anyone know what the diagnostic function of the alarm serves? I keep hearing about it, and as of yet have not heard as to it's purpose.
Wow!! New to cart ownership and won't listen to advice of those with experience......Good Luck
Old 03-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #29
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongbeardExpress View Post
Old 03-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #30
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Cmtshiloh:

We have gotten off on the wrong foot. Being a somewhat magnanimous fellow I will go ahead and post this. You being a newb and all I feel I may have been a bit too exuberant in my second post on this thread. Nonetheless, I did not personally attack you and as you can see by several responses to your post, folks here evidently see things a bit differently than you.

So let the record show:

1. I for one will not assist someone in disabling a safety feature in a golf cart or any other device that may cause harm to someone or some thing. I doubt I'm alone in this, but it's OK if I am. I'm just funny that way I guess.
2. If you had taken the time to read this entire thread or use the search function on this board you would have found extensive information concerning disabling the reverse buzzer and the diagnostic functions the buzzer provides on a PDS cart.
3. You should really consider not personally attacking anyone on this or any other board. We are here to assist those that truly want/need assistance and as history has shown others(that posted in the manner you have) have had a very short tenure here at BGW.
4. Occasionally, OP's will ask questions that have been asked and answered too many times to count. Hence the frustration/sarcasm that occasionally is the reply to an OP that is a research weenie or just plain lazy. Not saying you are either but if the shoe fits...
5. You really should consider and heed advice given from experts on this board. I am not claiming to be one but there are those that are and have posted on this topic ad nauseum here and elsewhere.

Now, as for your personal attack against me. You may choose to tone down the verbal assaults or not. Once again, it's your call. You can be assured I didn't take it personally. You're not the first and most assuredly not the last that have/will take(n) exception to one of my posts. Take it for what it's worth. After all, I did apologize because I expected the response that you so willingly provided. So I'll take responsibility for your post. Like I said, I'm a somewhat magnanimous guy but I'd advise you don't repeat that type of post if you want help from this board. Once again sir, it's your call!

OK, I'm done here. My vote goes to closing this thread and letting it die peacefully.

Have a nice day!
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO