lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: commander motors

even if they are rebuilds i would think you still get warranty if something happens............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #12
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Mine will GPS 25-28 on a smooth straightaway. If I'm going with the wind (strong winds on the FL coast), it will do over 30! I just want more torque and better batts, though. Does anybody think that a 500 amp controller and 4 gage wires will be enough?
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it should be.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
customcracka
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but i have the same motor and I'm also looking for more torque as I frequently carry 3-4 people and can't make it up a lot of hills. Stevec3201 - did you upgrade to 4 gauge cables? I see in your sig that 2 gauge cables are on your wish list. I'd like to learn from your mistakes rather than do it twice :)
customcracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Hello, it's been a while since I've been on this site. Anyway, I'm still running with the OEM controller and cables. I put new Trojans in last year and it's been running so good, I decided to hold off on other parts for a while.

I still want to add a 500 amp controller and 2G cables to give the cart some more acceleration.

Currently, I can carry 2 adults and 2 kids without any problems. Only small man-made hills where I live. With my Commander motor and new batts, I have not seen a cart that can perform better than mine, and where I live there are lots of carts.

Steve
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #16
customcracka
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the response.

I can get up MOST hills but the REALLY steep ones on the golf course that's near my house, it just won't make it. My cart was built with the commander motor and brand new batteries and it's only 2 months old so I know the batteries aren't the issue. I went ahead and got 2ga cables so we'll see if it makes a difference.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #17
rib33024

customcracka, just because your batteries are 2 months old dosen't mean that they are good, there can be a bad one. What controller do you have, what all did you change ?? the motor and??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #18
customcracka
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
customcracka, just because your batteries are 2 months old dosen't mean that they are good, there can be a bad one. What controller do you have, what all did you change ?? the motor and??
I'm not sure what was changed, I bought it this way.

When I put the multimeter on each battery they're all about the same. I can also run behind my buddy's precendent that has new batteries with the stock motor and we get about the same amount of run time. BUT when he goes up the big hills with 4 people, he makes it, where-as I do not. He says that he smells his wires cooking while going up the hills though so I'm guessing he really needs the larger cables too. My wheels and tires are also a little bigger than his which I'm sure doesn't help (but looks cooler).
Old 05-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #19
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I think you have an issue. My Commander is not as torquey as I like, but it has no problems going up hills. I just want to spin the wheels off the line. I was told that a 500 amp controller/cables will do just that! Are you sure you don't have a bad battery or a lose/bad cable? Anyway, your new cables will rule out that...Good luck.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #20
customcracka
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I don't know if I have an issue or not to be honest. I know the cables on the batteries are all tight. I guess I'll find out for sure when I swap them out. I will report back once I get them and have them installed. I'm really wondering if my big wheels/tires are hurting me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car