lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cheap 36v Medalist upgrades

got the battery tray in. Dropping the batterys in there now. Got to looking at my cables. They are not #2. they are 2/0 which is much bigger than #2. Is that gonna be ok to use?
dukedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
Oh yeah.
Yeah ~ like using a 6 wheel drive Army truck to haul a picnic basket
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #14
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

I have a Power Wise charger. Model # 28115 G04
1997 yr model. How can I test this charger to make sure it is good? Don't want to mess up some brand new batteries.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yeah ~ like using a 6 wheel drive Army truck to haul a picnic basket
Hey, depending on where you need that picnic basket hauled, a "deuce-n-a-half" may be what you need to get it there...
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

got the batteries hooked up in the cart. Turned it on and tried the pedal. Nothing happened. Printed out the diagnostic sticky. Made it to the part bout putting the jumper wire between the +battery post and the solenoid. At the connector there is voltage at the red pin. The black pin has 14.5 volts. unpluged the connector and checked the black wire again and get .07 volts. That says that the controller is faulty. However the cart works with the red jumper wire in place. Without the wire it does nothing. When I put in the jumper wire you can hear the solenoid click. THen the cart will run all the way thru full throttle and back with the throttle pedal. Kinda confused. If the controler was bad It wouldn't work? Right? I'm not getting any control power to the pedal. Maybe I need to get a new key switch. I tested continuity thru the blue to the switch and the green coming back. I had to apply constant pressure to the key to keep continuity. I used a jumper wire to bypass the key. That should put direct power to the pedal microswitch. Seem to not be getting any power thru the switch. took it off and tested continuity. switch had continuity when the button was not depressed and nothing when it was. Thinking the switch may be ok. If I replace the key switch and throttle microswitch is there anything else in the circuit? Got me stumped on my first cart.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

done some more searching on here. found a thread on the routing of the start wires. Turned out the reed switch in the charger port was bad. Done away with that and just bypassed the switch. ran a wire off the positive + to the red wire. Everything works now. Cart runs good. Just got to make a seat for it now. I used the 2/0 for battery to battery. Gonna go get some 2ga and run for the motor and controller leads. Main thing is that it's running now and the modding can start. Already thinking bout adding 2 more batterys and going 48v.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #18
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Where are you? I just took the seat off my cart and replaced it with bolsters. If you're close, you can have it for free. It isn't pretty, but it is functional.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab69440 View Post
Where are you? I just took the seat off my cart and replaced it with bolsters. If you're close, you can have it for free. It isn't pretty, but it is functional.
sylvester, ga. little space between us. what are bolsters?
Old 05-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Separate seats for driver and passenger. Man, it would cost a fortune to send that thing down there!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO