lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #21
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cheap 36v Medalist upgrades

yeah. shipping would be high. I'm just gonna make one. There's a upholstery place here in town. All I have to do is cut out the board and take it to them. They will cut the foam and cover the seat for i think $100. Prob gonna get it camo.
dukedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #22
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

just plugged the charger up to the new batteries. Only drove around the yard bout 5 mins to see if cart would work. Everything seems to be ok.
I have a power wise charger. Model number 28115G04. Says Auto on and Auto off when at full charge. Is this a good charger to have?
At startup the charger would jump to 25 amps then off. then jump again. after 2 or 3 min it held at 15DC amps. Tested from + to - battery posts. Started at 39.5 volts. after 10mins on charger now getting 41.7 volts on meter. Does this sound correct? Just wanting to make sure I'm not burning up these new trojans.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #23
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your cutoff voltage will be 45-46 volts. The Power Wise chargers we had at work did good, and no real maintenance to speak of.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #24
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

It has gotten up to 44 volts. The charger has backed down to 10 amps. Guess it will just back down amps as it comes to full charge and then cut off. Should I unplug the charger or just leave it plugged in overnight?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #25
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I try to unplug mine within a few hours of shutoff. It's not going to hurt anything to leave it on overbight.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #26
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Now time to start on the brakes. Right now the right side cable is rusted up. I unhooked it from the brake. the left side works but doesn't move very free. Guess I'm gonna have to get some new cables. Also need new brake shoes. Gotta use a rope and anchor to stop right now.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #27
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

After riding the cart for a few days I've already started thinking bout lift and tires. Really like the long travel ones. Just don't like the price. I'm thinking bout doing a square tube front end and using 4 wheeler a arms and coil over shocks. I have unlimited access to two quad junk yards. I'm sure i can find something to work. Maybe have some pics of a redneck long travel in a couple of days.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

little update. have been playing around with the cart and having fun with it. Managed to break one of the studs on the motor while trying to change the wires to 2ga wires. So now i have to get the motor fixed. Called plum quick and they will fix the motor for $50 plus me paying shipping there and back. I wanted to upgrade to their bandit motor but they said for a hunting cart the stock GE thin can motor would pull to many amps and they don't have any cores that i would need. Not really wanting to drop loads of money on this. I need some options. Anybody have other solutions? I'm thinking of getting a big style carrier for the axle so I can upgrade to a plowman's posi while I'm messing with the rear. Will all ezgo motors work on the 95 medalist? Do they share the same bolt patterns and splines?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

here are the pics. the larger carrier is on the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01257 (Small).JPG (56.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01262 (Small).JPG (67.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01264 (Small).JPG (64.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01269 (Small).JPG (56.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0261 (Small).jpg (40.8 KB, 0 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

I might have a deal working on getting a bad boy 15hp motor and contoller. Will either of these parts work with the medalist wiring or stock axle? I'm guessing the motor will bolt up to my factory medalist axle. Can I use the Bad boy controller without rewiring my factory wiring? It will be swapped to 48 volt.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO