lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #31
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cheap 36v Medalist upgrades

The important thing is the winding. If it is a series motor, you're golden. I have a feeling though that your motor and controller are for sepex drive. That would mean a total rewire.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedog1 View Post
I might have a deal working on getting a bad boy 15hp motor and contoller. Will either of these parts work with the medalist wiring or stock axle? I'm guessing the motor will bolt up to my factory medalist axle. Can I use the Bad boy controller without rewiring my factory wiring? It will be swapped to 48 volt.
This should work ~ start a new thread in the Ezgo Elec. section and post clear pics of the 'BB' motor and control connections.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #33
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This should work ~ start a new thread in the Ezgo Elec. section and post clear pics of the 'BB' motor and control connections.
I'd like to know if it will fit without having to rewire the cart. My medalist has a series motor. I don't really know what the bad boy is cause I've never looked at one. Trying to get some pics from the guy then I can know. I just wanna make sure everything will bolt up before dropping the cash on it.
dukedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #34
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

I think you might have to rewire quite a bit. Isn't the BB a 4wd using a Navitas controller for both motors and will require re-programming at least???
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #35
CRK
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can weld the spider gears in the carrier to make it into a posi unit. It will not be a limited slip but positive all the time. No sharp turns unless you are in the dirt/sand.
CRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #36
craneman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey dukedog1, I live over here in Doerun... lol Let me know if I can help ya... I read you say you have unlimited access to atv junk yard. I would like a little more info about that I would like to look for some parts.
craneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #37
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

"It is a regen braking cart, 2008- up bad boys are regen. The older ones are series.It is a sevcon millipak 500 amp controller. The motor is 15.5hp high torque motor. I will take pics, if the regen system is what you are after"

This is what I was sent. Would it even be worth the hassle to rewire the old cart?
Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #38
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

little update on the cart. Replaced all the factory wiring with #2 welding leads. Built some lift blocks for the rear of the cart. Swapped the rear leafs on top of the axle. Gives about 2.5" of lift. Moving the leaf spring mounts from the bottom of the front axle to the top. Should give about 2" for the front lift. Also made some brackets to move the tie rod ends up to offset the lift. Only thing left is to buy a HD solenoid and FR cam. I'm thinking of rebuilding my factory cam with some thicker copper buss bar. I've been looking for a write up on how to build one yourself. If I can't find one i may make one after my build. Also gonna get some 20x10x8 tires to go on it. I think they may scrub with the factory wheels. May have to get new ones the 5+2 offset. Now time for the camo job and building the baskets. Always something with these carts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO