lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: i want to build a hunting cart and need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
No, it's a fleet speed motor. I thought that was pretty good too. Some carts just seem like everything "clicks" on and this is one of them. I get very few carts like this one where everything comes apart and goes back together like it should. It was an indoor cart that was used in a warehouse so I guess that has a lot to do with how everything comes apart.
I just wanted to let him know that your results are the exception no the rule and you confirm that, thank you.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #12
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I just wanted to let him know that your results are the exception no the rule and you confirm that, thank you.
Yep,
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
jpb31
Not Yet Wild

I totally understand thanks Scotty . I have not bought the cart yet . Is there a better model of cart I should look for. What is your thoughts about the txt non series carts with the tow switch under the seat . Is the out come still the same
jpb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The non series or PDS Cart from Ezgo is a good cart for most uses, it produces more speed but less torque than a series cart. And it produces more heat at low speeds than a series cart. Generally speaking it is not as good a choice for off road use if the terrain is steep, or the loads are heavy, or the footing is soft, or the speed is slow.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you are going to use it for hunting you really don't need that 20 mph speed unless you have long runs on flat smooth surfaces. My cart will do about 17 on road and that feels like flying. In reality I usually do less then 10 mph creeping around our hunting property trails. Most of the trails are not smooth enough for that kind of speed in a cart. Plus you will ride up o a ton of game in an electric cart and you really don't want to be going all that fast.

I run 36v with a 650 amp controller and EMP 2 speed motor. I have tourqe and speed when I need it. If I had to do it over again I would have gone with a 48v set up from the start. More torque, speed and a little longer run time in most cases.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good advice!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
trnman32
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Man Im glad I found this site I just got a 06 EZ GO Series cart and am going to use it offroad,and the search button is my best friend!!
trnman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
Ezgohunter1
Not Yet Wild

I am putting the finishing touches on my first build. This is my hunting setup : 97 DCS converted to 48V, ScottyB hooked me up with 2ga cables and an Alltrax DCX400, stock motor and gearing , 6" spindle lift with 22" tires , HD springs all the way around. I get around 25mph with decent torque. I will be adding a limited slip differential to finish it off looking back, I wish I would have went with a 500 amp controller for a future motor upgrade. I would give up 5-7 mph for more torque in a heart beat. The cart you are looking at is a perfect candidate IMO.
Ezgohunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

speed should be no concern for a straight hunting cart. You will miss to much in the woods moving 20mph. You need the most pulling power and load handling that you can get.
dukedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I've been building my hunting cart for a few months now. Of course building a cart is a never ending project. You will always find something else you want to do...

I've used it about 10 times around the hunting club and I've got a good mix of terrain: some decent grade hills and straight runs with ruts. I've never been near full throttle at any point at the hunting club. 15mph is a high average for cruising around trails and dirt roads. Everybody likes to have the option to have the high speeds, but if your really building a hunting cart, speed isn't something you will really need.

What gives a golf cart it's advantages in the hunting are trade offs for the speed. Converted golf carts are silent and odorless compared to any vehicle driven by an engine. So don't get hung up on wanting the speed. The carts lack of sound and exhaust fumes will get you closer to deer than going 5mph faster.
macrain13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO