lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #11
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Trojan Battery Company not as good as it used to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Bowslayer, why would you buy a Chevy over Ford?
The difference comes in quality and quantity. Look at the battery weights. Everybody is using the same cases or at least the same weight case within an oz or 2. Additional weight is a direct result of more or thicker plates. We all know more lead is more storage space for more amperage. And amperage is what the motor consumes when it works. I don't have specs on the US batts in front of me but I have for years been using the CR225 as opposed to the T105 simply because it was 2 pounds heavier and $10 less. In a single set I gained 12 pounds of lead and saved $60. That's a win win you can take to the bank
As for T605, they are trailer park or fleet batteries with their smaller capacity. They work harder and are drawn down lower for the same job as a larger capacity battery (T105). The result is a shorter useful life.

I have nothing to say against US battery, they have some very good numbers. My jury is still out on their latest generation of GC batteries. Ask me again in 4 years
Understood. I just wondered if anybody had a specific reason why Trojan was a better battery or not. The US2200 weighs more and has a 232ah rating vs the Trojan 105 @ 220 ah and the US costs less. I'll check back with you in 4 years and see where you stand.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
Understood. I just wondered if anybody had a specific reason why Trojan was a better battery or not. The US2200 weighs more and has a 232ah rating vs the Trojan 105 @ 220 ah and the US costs less. I'll check back with you in 4 years and see where you stand.

Exactly.... I'm out of the service area now, but when I was I knew I could depend upon the T105 to deliver what I said they would...
US 2200 may be the better battery, but it takes years to compile the statistics. So go out there and sell a bunch, then come back and tell us how that worked out ...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

I can say this, when I went to the battery distributor a few months ago and asked for a set of T105's he said I was crazy for buying them. He said he would sell me a set but he would rather see me pay less for a better battery (US2200). Then he took me back to his shop where he had quite a few Trojans that he had replaced under warranty so I bought the US2200's and have been ever since. Maybe his profit margin is just better on the US, like you said only time will tell.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #14
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Three reasons I go with Trojan:1) They are proven batteries, which is to say when my customers come in they already know the name Trojan instead of me trying to convince them some other battery they have never heard of is just as good(being mostly old customers around retired FL people tend to stick with what they know) and 2)The cost difference here is exactly $1.00 per battery more for the Trojans so no huge gain 3)my brand new Yamahas come with the Trojan so most customers want the same battery In that came out from the factory.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Three reasons I go with Trojan:1) They are proven batteries, which is to say when my customers come in they already know the name Trojan instead of me trying to convince them some other battery they have never heard of is just as good(being mostly old customers around retired FL people tend to stick with what they know) and 2)The cost difference here is exactly $1.00 per battery more for the Trojans so no huge gain 3)my brand new Yamahas come with the Trojan so most customers want the same battery In that came out from the factory.

Right on, that is the same reasoning I used on the left coast.... imagine that, the 2 coasts agreeing the old standby was still good.
I think what you are seeing at the distributorship level guys is mostly financially motivated sales promotion and some propaganda... but I could be wrong... I am a dealer for all major makes of batteries including US.

Just remember AH and weight are king!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not trying to bash Trojan I was just looking to verify what I was told. Since I don't buy batteries all the time this was news to me.

I know it all boils down to a matter of opinion for the most part but it is interesting to hear some of you have heard similar stories and have had similar experience.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have ran multiple brands in multiple carts for my customers and to this day, nothing lasts or performs like the Trojans. True they had a bad period, but I think that is all well past them.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #18
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Trojans!! US!!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
I have ran multiple brands in multiple carts for my customers and to this day, nothing lasts or performs like the Trojans. True they had a bad period, but I think that is all well past them.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

The battery guy I was talking to said the only way they are surviving now is people have come to associate their name with quality and now the quality is not there but folks would still rather pay more for the name than less for a better battery. Beats me, but I have been buying the US batts lately and like them so far. Never had trouble myself with Trojans either just don't see paying more for them if I can get batteries of the same or better quality for less money.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO