lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stripped Motor studs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedog1 View Post
Called east coast custom carts and tried to give the salesman the info off my cart. year model, number off motor, part that I needed. Asked him if he could cross reference the part i needed to the part on their site to make sure it was correct. He told me to do a google search and see if I could find the OEM part number. WTH. Who hires parts people that don't know anything about the parts they sell. Called Buggies unlimited and talked to a saleswoman. Gave her the same info. She verified everything, and gave me the oem part number. It cost a few dollars more to go thru them but it is worth it to me to talk to someone who knows what they are selling. Rant over.
You haven't been to an autoparts store lately, have you?
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

FWIW,
Carts Unlimited is a well respected, reputable site sponsor.

buggies unlimited is not a site sponsor, and not well thought of on this forum.

I wish you luck though.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #23
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

figured i was gonna get a response like that. Not trying to bash the sponsors. Just stating fact. Sometimes companys don't know what their employees are doing till something like this happens. Maybe it was just a isolated incident. Guy might of been having a bad day. When i need another part i will try carts unlimited again, I just like talking with parts people who know there stuff.
dukedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Called east coast custom carts and tried to give the salesman the info off my cart. year model, number off motor, part that I needed. Asked him if he could cross reference the part i needed to the part on their site to make sure it was correct. He told me to do a google search and see if I could find the OEM part number. WTH. Who hires parts people that don't know anything about the parts they sell. Called Buggies unlimited and talked to a saleswoman. Gave her the same info. She verified everything, and gave me the oem part number. It cost a few dollars more to go thru them but it is worth it to me to talk to someone who knows what they are selling. Rant over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
FWIW,
Carts Unlimited is a well respected, reputable site sponsor.

buggies unlimited is not a site sponsor, and not well thought of on this forum.

I wish you luck though.
Quote:
figured i was gonna get a response like that. Not trying to bash the sponsors. Just stating fact. Sometimes companys don't know what their employees are doing till something like this happens. Maybe it was just a isolated incident. Guy might of been having a bad day. When i need another part i will try carts unlimited again, I just like talking with parts people who know there stuff.
I believe a vendor that condones bad customer service or allows incompetent people at the counter or on the phone, ought to be tarred and feathered publicly, however I also believe the correct entity ought to be the recipient of said action.

It appears to me that the vendor that had a dingbat on the phone morphed into a vendor that was not involved, or am I misunderstanding the posts quoted above?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #25
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I believe a vendor that condones bad customer service or allows incompetent people at the counter or on the phone, ought to be tarred and feathered publicly, however I also believe the correct entity ought to be the recipient of said action.

It appears to me that the vendor that had a dingbat on the phone morphed into a vendor that was not involved, or am I misunderstanding the posts quoted above?
I agree with JohnnieB,, you guys need to go back and read the posts again,, because it got off track
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #26
dukedog1
Not Yet Wild

My bad. It was east coast carts. Other guy posted back carts unlimited and tru me off. Sorry to carts unlimited. The original company I called was east coast carts. My bad for any misinfo. Again, i'm not pissed off or anything. I was just a little dissapointed when the parts guy didn't know what he was selling.
dukedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm the one who probably confused things. I used to get Carts Unlimited and Buggies Unlimited confused, so I wanted to point out that one is a site sponsor and another isn't.

Sorry.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO