lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Toolrepairguy
Not Yet Wild

Default F&R switch getting hot, please help

Hello, I have a 1998 EZ-Go J198 36v electric cart and after driving it for a short time (1 to 2 minutes ) the foward and reverse switch gets hot. It had got hard to move so I had sprayed it with some PBlaster and that freed it up but its still getting hot. Also I might add that I am hearing a squeeking sound as I back up for the first few feet and it sounds like its coming from the back, brakes maybe? Any help on what this may be or where to stat looking would help a bunch. Thanks.
Toolrepairguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: F&R switch getting hot, please help

Brakes might be stuck causing your motor to draw more amps and heat up f&r switch. Are your cables getting hot too?
woodrow256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Kela
Not Yet Wild

like woodrow said check the brakes, are your cables in good shape
Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

you ought to easily push your cart on level ground .

and welcome to BGW!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have a " tow/run " switch, place it in " tow ). Disconnect your + and - battery pack cables. Inspect the F-R switch carefully with a mirror and light. See if any of the contacts in the board have gotten hot and melted into the board. Also inspect the spring loaded contacts for overheating. Make sure the cable connections are clean and snug. This switch carries a lot of current so it is subject to poor connections, causing heat. If anything looks burned or melted, you are best off replacing the switch!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO