lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Upgrade path - Santa needs a list!

I have a 2001 EZGO TXT PDS. It has what I am pretty sure is the original motor and stock controller. I am running freedom chip. It is currently 36 volt. Lifted with 22" tires. The battery cables have been upgraded and I am guessing 2ga. Definitely not 4 based on pics I have seen here.

Want more speed of course. At least 25mph. (Haven't GPSed it yet-any suggestions on iphone apps?) Torque needs improvement as even the slightest incline cause major reduction. (Mostly ride on pavement but hills around house.)

Batteries are approximately 3.5 years old and rest at 37.65 after 12hrs.

Will upgrade to 48v once these batteries are done. (6-8volt trojans - bagwell full with sub and accessory battery sits in drivers side slot)

What is the correct path to follow in order to obtain the speed and torque increases.

New Alltrax controller (model?)
New solenoid

Should see increase right? Work with stock motor or possibly burn it up?

New plum quick motor(model?)

New brakes? (Have no idea what is the best option here)

Trying to make my wish list for Santa, (aka my checking account)

One last final option. Andy showed me an aftermarket AC system that runs on 48v he installed on his cart at the beach. Looked pretty cool but wasn't cheap. Anyone else tried it?
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade path - Santa needs a list!

Most people are happy with Alltrax upgrade and HD solenoid = 24mph. You already have upgraded cables so that will do it.
Pkg #808 here > http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

Click the link in my signature today...

AC drive is expensive.
For brakes there are Cable rear disc or wet 2 & 4 wheel kits available.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

JGDUSC,

I am running an Alltrax DCX400PDS, 36vt, PQ Bandit, HD solenoid, 4 gauge main wires, 2 ga from the controller to the motor, with 22" tires and it will run the numbers you wish no problem. I am going to put the manual disc brakes on it one of these days but the $$ keep going to other projects..

The stock motor as long as it is ok should be fine with the DCX400 but the PQ Bandit is an inexpensive upgrade and they are not too far from you so you could probably save on shipping.

AC is a good option but like said, expensive. The new EZ-Go RXVs are AC and they are torquey little things but controllers and motors are factory only I believe right now and they really like them.. Like $1200 for a controller..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats the upgrade kit I had my eye on. Didn't see any link in your signature, but the one in message took me to the kit. Hope I didn't miss something. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds good KGSC. I am thinking the about the bandit as well. The other Santa (aka my mom) is wondering what to get me for XMAS. I am from Rock Hill and will be there so Plum Quick is an easy shot. Wonder what if any increase I would see from upgrading with ScottyB's kit running stock motor to the Bandit. That would make a nice B-Day present in March

If all this works well, the 2007 TXT PDS at the beach is in for a nice upgrade as well.

Its batteries are almost done and would like to go 48v as well, although my Dad is weary of the additional speed from upgrades. Thats why I bought my own
Old 11-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry ScottyB for whatever reason the signatures weren't showing up for a moment but saw the link. Pretty cool. Wish I hadn't just spent two weeks putting in my accessory battery, fuse block, on board charger, amplifier, led light controller , etc all in that space!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you want a Bandit you need to call PQ. They don't always have PDS cores. I took him mine when I had it done and got a tour of the shop. Pretty cool.. But I bought 2 other motors while I was there I am needing a PDS motor now and I am hunting a core. Cart I bought didn't have a motor on it. When I do that one, I may get my series cart done as well as the motor is getting a little tired. I had the DCX400 first and then went to the Bandit. It wasn't a big difference in speed but it did seem to climb better. It was worth the money. So you go to Fort Mill a bunch ?? Shipping these heavy things gets expensive..
Old 11-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Kgsc nailed it. If you are running a stock cart with anything less than a 'freedom chip' then you will see a big torque boost and a speed increase from 14 to 24 mph on stock tires on the flats. PQ bandit will add a couple mph. Consider 4 or 2 gauge cables a good investment in torque delivery too.
You can find em at my website.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scottyb. I will definitely have to upgrade the cables on the beach cart. Will have to get those upgrades approved by owner(Dad). Hoping he will see how much better mine runs afterwards.

KGSC. I rarely get there but definitely will be there over holidays. My parents frequently come this way two see the grandkids and would be happy to run some cargo if we needed them to. Only about 14 miles from their house. May even help Dad meeting the masters although he likes to chat

If they don't have core do you wait till they do or just leave yours to have rebuilt.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Was kind of kiddin on the shipping but, ya never know :) When they did mine I had to get it to them. I chose to drive up there. Little over 2 hours for me but I did get to meet the entire clan. I handed it to them and got it back pretty quickly. I am sure it just depends on their schedule. I need to get one built in the near future but need to find a core.. Just been draging cuz of other projects..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO