lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
tyler1192
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default controller for an 07 dcs/series cart?

I have an 07 dcs/series cart. Im wanting to get more speed. Ive been looking at the alltrax dcx400. I dont want to upgrade the motor just yet. What would be the best controller to get more speed and torque also if possible. If i went with the dcx400, what else would i need with it? Bigger cables? Solenoid? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
tyler1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: controller for an 07 dcs/series cart?

If your cart is a 07, it's not a DCS, it is a PDS or SERIES cart,, where is the F/R switch? on the dash?? or by your knee on the body??, does your cart have a TOW/RUN switch under the seat on the controller cover?? and a 400 amp will do just fine, and yes you will need a set of 4 ga welding cables/ battery cables, and a HD solenoid, and if it is a series cart, you will need a HD F/R switch
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If your cart was built in 2007, it isn't a DCS, it's a PDS and if it is a series cart, it is neither a DCS nor a PDS.

Enter the cart's serial number on this website, and it'll tell you what your cart was when it rolled out of the factory.
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

If your cart has a Sepex (SEParately EXcited) motor, a DCX400 controller with a matching solenoid will give you more torque and speed.
You will most likely need to replace the 10 high current cables also.

If you cart has a Series motor, an AXE400 controller with matching solenoid will increase the torque only.
To get the motor to spin faster, you will have to increase the battery pack voltage.
You will also most likely need to replace the 13 high current cables and upgrade the F/R switch.

Scottyb has a pretty good write-up about how choosing a controller & solenoid that play well together.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
tyler1192
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Its a series. The f/r switch is on the body. And no switch on the controller. So, with it being a series, a dcx400 wont work? Right? Ill need an axe400? Is it programmable as well? Thanks for the info. Sorry if these are newb questions. Im new to the cart world. Thanks again
Old 12-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The AXE controllers are for Series wound motors. DCX controllers are for Sepex motors. Both are user programmable.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Series motors are the workhorse or forklift type motors of the golf cart world. They make more torque than speed. A bigger controller will allow the motor access to more amperage in any given situation. This will produce more torque but not more RPMS (speed). To increase speed you have to add voltage = upgrade to 48v or go to a higher rpm motor/controller.
Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
tyler1192
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Gotcha. So if i upgrade the controller, f/r switch, solenoid etc. While im running 36v, can i switch to 48v later down the road or would i have to upgrade again? Reason i ask is i dont wanna buy everything twice.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's right you can set up to run on 36 or 48 volts. Later just add voltage, switch the resistor and charger.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #9
tyler1192
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey scotty, i was looking at the controller/solenoid packages you have. Im looking at 101b. Is this controller programmable? Its the alltrax 4844 with the 400/1000 solenoid. Thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The 101 and 101B controller packages are non-programmable controllers. They are uniquely set up for 36-48 volts and 100% output which sets them apart from all other NPX controls and equals them to the 4844 you mentioned. They are an inexpensive alternative to programmable controls, of which about 90% are never readjusted after I send them out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO