lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default If It Aint Half Speed Reverse, What is It?

90 marathon 48v, AXE4855, HD solenoid, 2awg welding cables, HD F&R, PQ Bandit, 4 inch lift, Honda rims & tires on back axle.

Now to the problem. I took everything out from under the seat out the other day. I made a custom battery rack and moved my pot box to the front behind the gas pedal. I moved my controller and solenoid to right fender under the seat and the F&R switch over there too. Point of all this was to have all that real estate under the seat for batteries. It went great, everything looks awesome now that i got it back together. Just now when i try to go in reverse it makes this wierd electronic sound and dont have any power at all. The wires from the pot box that control half speed reverse have been cut off and the other ones had to be extended to reach the controller. Half speed reverse is not checked in controllerPRO. It goes fine foward. What else could it be?
woodrow256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: If It Aint Half Speed Reverse, What is It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow256 View Post
The wires from the pot box that control half speed reverse have been cut off and the other ones had to be extended to reach the controller. Half speed reverse is not checked in controllerPRO. It goes fine foward. What else could it be?
When you extended the wires from the postbox did they happen to be the same color? Sounds like you may have crossed the wires.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The easy way to answer this question is with an ohm meter..... what is the pot box output?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I checked them before i extended them to make sure they were right. I just checked again and its 0-7000ish k ohms, thats what it always is, so i guess thats fine. So i decided to swap B and D on my F&R to check what happened. It went in reverse in both F&R foward was slow reverse was balls fast, both backwards. That means something is really wrong right? So i checked all the wiring to see if it was wrong, it was not. Is it the motor?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Your pot signal is too high. Limit the switch to 5500k.
This may be a separate problem from the all or nothing controller response.

Has this controller ever run right with this potentiometer?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You mention controller pro... what throttle input is selected? And what throttle up rate is selected?
Um, nvrmnd. Is this you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woo3.1.jpg (216.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
woodrow256
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Its ran perfect as far as throttle is concerned. I never had any reason to adjust it. Its the factory pot box, does it have a way to limit it other than mechanicaly stopping its travel? What would cause it to go in reverse in f&r direction?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO