lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #21
Itoutsider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New 2001 EZGO TXT PDS owner

Not too bad. I started out with a Dremel and cut off wheel, but abandoned that technique for a jigsaw.

I currently have them hooked up to the last two batteries + on one, - on the other to get a 12v supply. It works, but I'll be more comfortable about the setup with a 12v converter. Trying to find the right one that will work on with my current 36v setup and the future 48v setup.
Itoutsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #22
stewmagoo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have an extra 12v car battery that I think I'm going to use for my light set ups. I will use a mini battery charger for that charge up. I also think I may mount it in the empty space behind drivers seat.
stewmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #23
Itoutsider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Excited to receive my goodies today only to find the PDS specific harness was not in the box. Quick call to Scotty and it is on its way.

Went ahead and got everything swapped out including the 2 ga wires so hopefully should just have to drop the harness in when it gets here Wednesday or Thursday this week.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #24
Itoutsider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Received the harness today. Simple to install, but ran into an issue. I was careful marking and moving wires, but it appears that the previous owner had the control wires backward on the solenoid. I reattached everything as it was with the diode in the right direction. For the harness installed and was going for a test drive, but only made if about three feet before it shut down. After reviewing everything, I found the swapped wires and away she went!! So far happy with the low end response, but only time will tell.

I didn't hook the lights back up as I am concerned with the unbalanced battery issues. I am still debating an additional 12v accessory battery or a DC converter. I like the idea of the separate battery, but charging it separately may be a hassle I'm not willing up deal with.

Just running lights, how often would the accessory battery need to be recharged?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itoutsider View Post
Just running lights, how often would the accessory battery need to be recharged?
Do you know the wattage of the head and tail light bulbs? We'll need that, and have to assume a battery size in amp hours to answer.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #26
jwdixon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks really nice! I just picked up a 2000 TXT PDS today. If you don't mind I would love to see a picture of the framing behind the seats after you put your flip seat on. Maybe from the side. Just trying to get my mind around how that all works out. Seems like the bag holders and that triangle framing really take up a lot of space. Thanks and keep up the good work.

John
jwdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO