lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV lift ????? Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggity View Post
I'm just outside of Hattiesburg. I talked to the guy at east coast carts. He informed me that some rxv's had a recall and spindles were changed out for a larger shaft. Sounds like I need some new hubs.
That's interesting the TXT hadn't used that spindle in over 7 years when the RXV came out? I wonder why they would have gone back to it? Can anybody verify this? What years? This is the first I heard of this....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

i made one inquiry to an RXV lift kit dealer about the different size spindles(axles) this is the response I got.

All of the RXV spindles are the same diameter. This kit will fit them all.

So I called my Ezgo dealer, he told me the same thing, and said he had never heard of a RXV spindle recall.
I'm going to pick mine up today, so I asked about lift kits he said he was doing 2 today, one from Red Hawk one from Jake's and both fit the existing hubs.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ScottyB, the guy at East Coast told me that he had talked to Jakes this morning. According to him, there were a few spindles replaced due to a recall. The apparent problem was when the carts were being towed. When I bought my cart it did have one of the towing apparatuses installed. So, this seems to make sense. I just wish there was a way around me having to buy new hubs?? Where is the best place to locate new hubs?? Try to find some used or buy new?? I assume that I need hubs, bearings, and dust caps?? I need to get some coming, got the cart torn down and in the way.
Buggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Will be interested in the answer to this.. I see that EZ lists different hubs for the RXV than it does for the TXTs.. Wonder why...
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

SO you need old style hubs? the small ones? I probably have some used with bearings and all.

What was the internet price?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
Buggity
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I haven't gotten a price yet Scotty, what you think?
Buggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

scottyb, if that was ? was directed at me, I'm good just curious. EZ-Gos site has only one hub listed for 2008+ for the RXV so I am just wondering what the deal is..
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggity View Post
I am almost sure that the spindle shaft to small of a diameter. The new spindle shaft is around 3/4", the orginal oem is around 15/16". Anyone else ever run into this?? I bought this kit from East Coast Carts, I will contact them in the morning and see if they have a quick fix. Hopefully, they have a different size spindle.

Wait, did the old style hubs use a 3/4 inch shaft ? Is it possible you were sent the wrong spindles ?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
brian369
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

when i had the same problem i called jakes and they verified i had the right lift kit. called the dealer i got my cart from he said he had one other cart with different size hubs he also said something about it being a tow cart.the dealer wanted 50 bucks a piece said his cost sense i bought cart there found them on eBay from another dealer 49 bucks for both free shipping i got lucky.to me the hubs look the same except they changed bearing size the one off the cart had bearing where you greased them kinda like old car wheel bearings the new one are sealed bearings
brian369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
brian369
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is my old one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01479.jpg (156.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01480.jpg (91.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01484.jpg (160.4 KB, 0 views)
brian369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO