lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
pcarenthuz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Swapping out my old 08 T105 s for CR330 is it worth it

It also looks like the CR330 is only available in a standard terminal configuration (large posts) versus the Type S style. I'm in the process of purchasing QTY 8 CR260s and I think this was the largest AH capacity from Crown with Type S terminals. Also, dimensionally the CR260 is the same footprint as stock w/ the exception of height which is .5" taller.

Pat Arnold

Last edited by pcarenthuz; 01-12-2013 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: (8) showed up as an emoticon --I was trying to indicate QTY 8
pcarenthuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

CR260 hmmm have to check that out , how much do they weigh ? PCar
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Going up in voltage will give you increased performance. You can run the stock motor on 42v with 7 stock size T105 or CR225 batteries with good results. This is pretty simple to do. The extra battery fit under the seat. The higher voltage system uses less amperage for a given task. That alone will increase run time. And your motor will produce more torque and speed.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarenthuz View Post
It also looks like the CR330 is only available in a standard terminal configuration (large posts) versus the Type S style. I'm in the process of purchasing QTY 8 CR260s and I think this was the largest AH capacity from Crown with Type S terminals. Also, dimensionally the CR260 is the same footprint as stock w/ the exception of height which is .5" taller.

Pat Arnold
Take a look at the names of the terminal configurations at the bottom of Crown's spec sheets.

Type A is a single large (automotive) terminal
Type S is A stud terminal
Standard has two terminals next to each other, both type A and Type S
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The bolt through type stud would eliminate the problem that some people have with over-tightening the nut and pulling the stud out of the lead base little by little.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The bolt through type stud would eliminate the problem that some people have with over-tightening the nut and pulling the stud out of the lead base little by little.
That is the kind I have on my new batteries.

Another nice thing is that you have two surfaces with direct contact between lead post and ring terminal.
For example, put the charger wires on the bolt-head side and the high current cable on the nut side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Universal terminal.JPG (11.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
pcarenthuz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

@ Great White North - I can't find the datasheet w/ the weights right now but as I recall the 260 is 74lbs. I did find a datasheet that lists the CR-250 and CR-275 and they are 72lbs and 76lbs respectively.

@ JohnnieB - great, another term to remember "EUT" :) Interestingly, Crown refers to the "EUT" style as "Type Z". Oh, and you're absolutely right (my bad Great White North!), a Standard battery terminal type refers to a battery with both a Type A (automotive) and Type S (stud terminal).

Pat Arnold

Last edited by pcarenthuz; 01-12-2013 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: Needed to acknowledge JohnnieB was correct about "Standard" battery terminals
pcarenthuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #18
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys !, I got some thinking to do , either way Scotty ill be probably calling you
Cheers

Last edited by Great white north; 01-13-2013 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: Misspelled word
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO