lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
jdgbwg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1998 EZgo TXT

getting my cart ready for spring. Got all new Trojans but am having a provlem with F/R switch. Put it in reverse and it wants to go forward. After moving it back and forth a few times it will engage in reverse.Called EZgo parts to order a new F/R switch and they said they quit making them and none were available and he didn't know where to get one. Called a couple dealers and they couldn't help me either. Found a used one for 85 dollars but not too keen on getting a used one. What do you think. Thank you in advance for any help.
jdgbwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 EZgo TXT

If it is a DCS it may be the individual micro switches, they are small switches on either side that have a small plunger on them and are activated by a small metal arm, sometimes the arms need rebent so they will engage or just replace. about $40 each, may only need one side (reverse or forward) DCS has the run/tow switch on the cover over the controller
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
jdgbwg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: 1998 EZgo TXT

To all who have helped with my problem thank you. I checked my cart and the F/R handle was not at all times engaging the micro switch because of the thin metal flap was not pushing the plunger down everytime the handle was put into reverse. I could not bend the flap enough to get it to work so I put 3 small strips of duct tape (yes, god bless duct tape) onto the part that comes in contact with the micro switch and it now works. I'll fix it properly later but for now the problem is solved. Maybe not the way an expert would fix it--but I am a plumber. Thanks again
jdgbwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 EZgo TXT

LOL, JD, you can carefully bend the arm of the micro switch down for more positive contact also.
My experience is this, When the switch is old enough to need attention it is time to replace it. They are cheap insurance that will keep you running.
The moral is get new switches and away goes trouble down the drain.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO