lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
d-angelo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: LiFePo4 batteries

can you guys possibly list brand/models of the parts used for the conversion? the actual batteries, the chargers, and any other parts? My brother is into electric cars. He's owned several. He tells me that I should swap to Lithium next battery pack replacement. which for me will probably be this spring. My range is already down to about 7 miles... (its just a neighborhood cart) Cost is more, but battery life is longer, so collectively, the long term cost shouldn't be more cause they will last a couple years longer... AND, they are smaller in size, lighter in weight... This is what my expert brother is telling me. But he is working on cars with 9" motors and big giant packs. I have an 09 RXV. Thanks for the help guys.
d-angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

having done this conversion, i will say, do not use your original OBC and charger.. Lithium cells have different charging requirements than wet batteries, and over charging them is much more dangerous than over charging wet batteries (think 787 dreamliner). the standard curtis energy meter will read incorrectly, and allow you to over-discharge the lithium cells, reducing their life dramaticly. use a LiFe approved SOC meter. due to different rating practices, an 80ah lithium pack will outperform a T1275 pack, with very little voltage drop at full load. attached is a pic of a lithium pack in an Rxv, fits nicely in stock battery tray with minor mods. this pack weighs about 1/2 what a T1275 pack does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-01-23_15-29-29_376-1153005575.jpg (87.3 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
d-angelo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

clean install! What was the overal conversion cost with batteries, misc connectors, charger, and SOC meter?
d-angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #14
lithiumboost
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys, My father has developed a lithium battery system for golf carts that has 200 carts in the field. He has solved a lot of the problems associated with Lithium in LSVs. Look the company up online. The install is quite beautiful. We had a guy in Florida install a 180ah system. He goes about 50 miles on a single charge. Let me know any questions and I will be happy to get answers for you.
lithiumboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #15
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithiumboost View Post
Hey guys, My father has developed a lithium battery system for golf carts that has 200 carts in the field. He has solved a lot of the problems associated with Lithium in LSVs. Look the company up online. The install is quite beautiful. We had a guy in Florida install a 180ah system. He goes about 50 miles on a single charge. Let me know any questions and I will be happy to get answers for you.
Sounds great!

You should become a site sponsor. >http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/rules...rtise-bgw.html

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #16
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

Getting ready to try this. Should have some pics and info in the coming weeks.
barber613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

What do guys think of a 40 amp hour pack?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Too small... Like i said, an 80ah pack is comparable to 4 T1275 12v batts (which is the smallest ah industry standard pack)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #19
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

Tested a 180Ahr system in my cart tonight, we ran it up and down the neighborhood for hours.
By the time I we got tired of driving, we had been over 30 miles. Did a lot of starting and stopping, also a lot if one mile full pedel runs. At the end, the cart was running as fast and quick as when we started which was GPSED at 19-22mph. I must have batteries like these but probably not 180Ahr, more like 80Ahr.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #20
barber613
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well it took considerably longer then I would have guessed, but the test pack is almost ready. Pictures are in my albums. 100 amp hour cells. Should be able to give more info and performance data then you could possibly use in coming weeks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car