lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #11
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car series ds controller upgrade

To clarify my earlier post and to help demonstrate the point that Scottyb is trying to make. I did increase the speed of my 03 DS series simply by dropping in the PQ Bandit, however it did not provide any increase in torque, (in fact I would say that I lost torque to gain speed), so I replaced all the cables and upgraded to a #2 awg welding cable from the stock #6awg cables. This did help with the torque issue, but the difference was minimal. I then upgraded to low-pro 10" wheels and tires, this helped with the overall ride and steering but no difference on speed or torque. Finally I upgraded the stock controller with an upgraded 400A controller and heavy duty solenoid, which gave me a noticeable increase in torque and a little more speed. Moral of the story is if you want more out of a stock series cart you got to spend some money.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2016, 05:34 PM   #12
denniscary
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: club car series ds controller upgrade

I get that but to be honest I have been around automotive and big truck computers since they c me out. If you as a truck mechanic how to turn it up its always the same answer, bring it in we can call the engine manufacturer and if they decide to let you they will download a program and burn the computer. On the other hand if you have a friend that has the software he can do it for a few bucks and give you all you want. My point is you don't know if you don't ask and it's pretty obvious that you don't get good answers from the people selling the parts. Sorry to bother you all
denniscary is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car