lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #1
jonesntn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Inconsistent charger 01 DS

I have an 01 Club car with the Powerdrive Charger. Sometime it comes on, sometimes it doesn't. I know for a fact I am hooking it up correctly. I have verified tight connections and used electrical cleaner to make sure all contacts and connections are clean. When the charger does work, I get a full charge. The rest of the time I spend trying to wiggle, twist, hold the plug in an effort to start a charge. Is the only tip here to just go to an Accusense Charger? I would love to spend the money on other upgrades but I hate wasting all this time just trying to get a charger to come on. I appreciate any tips, tricks or troubleshooting ideas. Batteries are new and I have verified each has a good level of voltage and a tight connection.
jonesntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2016, 02:42 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Inconsistent charger 01 DS

Check connection on back of charge receptial.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:41 AM   #3
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

It sounds like you have a broken cord on the charger or a bad socket. If you have a cheap HF volt meter, put the charger on the work bench and take the cover off. Inside you'll see the 3 wires coming from the cord. I think they are black, white and green. Disconnect one at a time and connect the meter at the loose end at touch the pins until the meter shows continuity on the corresponding pin. Then wiggle the cord and see if it looses connection. Check each wire. If all check good then disconnect the battery pack and take out the socket and check it the same way. I'll bet you find your problem. Good luck.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:52 AM   #4
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Test Procedure 12 - OBC Gray Wire and Fuse
1. Using a multimeter set to 200 volts DC, connect red lead to positive post of battery No. 1 and black lead (with
insulation probe) to gray 16 gauge wire at a point between fuse and receptacle. Reading should be approximately
48 volts. If reading is zero volts, check gray wire fuse and fuse holder. See WARNING on page 11-11.
2. If the reading in step 1 is 48 volts, plug the DC cord into the vehicle’s charger receptacle. The voltage reading
should drop to approximately 4.0 volts before the charger relay clicks on.
3. When the charger relay is activated, the reading should rise to approximately 48 volts.
4. If voltage does not drop to approximately 4.0 volts when the DC cord is plugged in and then rise to approximately 48
volts when the charger relay clicks ON, the gray wire circuit in the OBC has failed. Replace the OBC.
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #5
jonesntn
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Another strange thing is thT it seems to do better if I unplug from the wall outlet a while before I try toinitiate a charge. I tried a bypass procedure last night by jumping the grey controller wire over to negative battery terminal but no luck.
jonesntn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car