lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 02 Ezgo pds motor very hot, and no torque, even stops

Picked up a 2002 easy go TXT PDS when you press the throttle full speed made a terrible noise. Took the motor apart the ring holder that holds the brushes was broke the only reason it was still running was one of the brushes was wedged against the commentator. Cleaned the motor put new brushes and holder in it, still had a awful almost grinding noise once it hit top end. Pulled motor again and replaced bearing. Reinstalled motor, it was better but still when hitting top end that grinding noise would start. Removed thr oil pan, not much metal after all it is 14 yrs old. Took lower gears apart and inspected all looked good. Pulled motor again and checked up there, found bearing bad replaced that. Put it all back together and that took care of a lot of the grinding noise, however after full throttle when you let up off the throttle it seems to want to slow down very quickly, the motor is getting extremely hot and has no torque it will not go up a hill not even the smallest incline, it will stop, wait a few seconds and it will go again, but still has no torque. When it is stopped on a incline if you keep pedal pressed it will try to lunge forward. Motor is extremely hot to touch. Any help appreciated. Is there something I'm missing thinking that I have rebuilt the motor ..?

Ps: everything is stock, tires, motors controller.

Last edited by usagcr; 10-02-2016 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: More info
usagcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 02 Ezgo pds motor very hot, and no torque, even stops

Did you get the commutator turned? New Brushes? If they are not seating well or the commutator is damaged, you will have this kind of problem with the motor.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No, we did wire brush it and clean it like some back yard Alabama mechanics, but I would not call that turned huh? I was wondering if armature itself could be bad. I rode with the cart owner and discovered she was letting it freewheel down a pretty steep incline I think she over revved the engine
Old 10-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If armature is shorted would the motor run ? guess I should know that first of all. Thanks
Old 10-02-2016, 12:03 PM   #5
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Found some pics of what we saw when we first opened motor. Can't put but one pic at a time. Dumb me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (169.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2016, 04:27 PM   #6
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

One more lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (143.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by usagcr; 10-02-2016 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: Try to turn pic
Old 12-29-2016, 09:21 PM   #7
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Final thing that made a happy customer is....... we had to have the communtater turned and two of the fields were bad.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO