lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
CartMnky
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 Club Car DS Steering Binding/Tight

Almost back together with this barn find rebuild and I noticed today that the steering binds when turning lock to lock. It seems to be once every revolution and the more I turned it the less it seemed to do it. All the tie rods and bushings and everything are brand new, so I don't think it's that. Everything I've seen to grease has been greasers. So I'm sort of stuck.

Not really sure where to look from here and don't want to just throw parts at it when I have access to such a wealth of knowledge here on here

Any help is appreciated.

*Sorry for the other messed up post. Trying to internet on my phone doesn't always go well!*
CartMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2016, 05:17 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 01 Club Car DS Steering Binding/Tight

The steering coupler- the part that connects the steering to the steering shaft.
3 things cause the issue:

The steering joints are bent or no good

The steering joint is not all the way on the steering shaft or steering box

The shock tower is bent- or the frame is bent, and that affects the angle of that part
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 01 Club Car DS Steering Binding/Tight

One other thing that can cause that especially on a cart that has been sitting up for a while is the bearings in the steering joints get rusted out and as there is no means of lubing it they will create a stiff point when turning. That is what happened to mine replaced knuckle and was all good again.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car