lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
reelyaddicted
Not Yet Wild

Default Napa vs deka batteries

My 48v precedent needs batteries it has 6 8v batteries. Which batteries are better deka or napa

T.i.a.
reelyaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Napa vs deka batteries

NAPA batteries are manf by Exide or at least they were... So in truth you are comparing Exide & Deka and I'd give the hedge to Deka but both are fairly good 2nd tier batteries...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Moonbuggy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had a set of NAPA batteries that lasted about five years. We use our cart on weekends and kept the batteries charged every night. I replaced them with Trojans. The price wasn't much higher.
Moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #4
T-Hard
Not Yet Wild

I don't know about Deka golf cart batteries but if they are anything like the ones that came in my boat they are not very good. One of them didn't even make it a year.
T-Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #5
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

NAPA are manufactured by EPM/East Penn Manufacturing AKA DEKA since 2009. DEKA is not second tier.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:40 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wthompson912 View Post
NAPA are manufactured by EPM/East Penn Manufacturing AKA DEKA since 2009. DEKA is not second tier.
So DEKA manf NAPA batteries since 2009?

Well I don't consider them as top shelf with Trojan and Crown, perhaps that is simply that we don't hear much good or bad about them?
Old 10-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #7
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had Deka's and can't say I was pleased with them.
From what I understand while all else may seem equal the Trojans handle the golf cart usage/abuse better.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #8
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can't say anything bad about Deka/EPM... as I use to work there as a forklift mechanic.

I also have 6 of their 8v batteries in my cart. They are 9 years old and still chugging along.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
I can't say anything bad about Deka/EPM... as I use to work there as a forklift mechanic.

I also have 6 of their 8v batteries in my cart. They are 9 years old and still chugging along.
Hate to keep doing this but what is your range on those 9 year old batteries? My neighbor has batteries that I can't determine how old they are, they are bad but kept charged and they simply don't leave the yard with them...
Old 10-26-2016, 08:51 PM   #10
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Hate to keep doing this but what is your range on those 9 year old batteries? My neighbor has batteries that I can't determine how old they are, they are bad but kept charged and they simply don't leave the yard with them...
No idea what the range is... as I haven't driven it any further than I'm willing to push it home.

I've been back and forth to the high school with it already... which is 1.6 miles round trip... and up/down some pretty long steep hills.
A normal day for me is a quarter mile trip to/from the bus stop and the rest of the time it's plugged into the DPI charger.

For me and for the time being they are doing just fine... so I've had no reason to put the meter on them lately.
Sooner or later I will just toss a new set in the cart if I don't manage to trade it on something gas powered first.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car