lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default CC carryall or transporter battery 8-6v or 6-8v

When I bought my dead 06 cc charger transporter it had the 8-6v set up. I swapped them out with my 6-8v batteries from my other cart. I seems to be having charging issues and am curious if this different battery setup may be cause it. The cart is the iq plus system and I'm currious if the onboard charger is only designed for the original battery setup. I was planning on using the original charger but I may have to bypass the computer, if I can, and use my dpi charger from my other cart which I got from Scotty. Any thoughts?
Kramlinck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2016, 06:12 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC carryall or transporter battery 8-6v or 6-8v

In this case (charger) 6x8 or 8x6 48 volts is 48 volts...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Power to weight ratio is improved with 6/8v. Mathematically the run out of gas time (capacity) is reduced by 10%..... but with the weight savings it could be a wash.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:14 PM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I seems to be having charging issues
What kind of charging issues are you having?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #5
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

I feel like I'm going to ruin my batteries. They gurgle, bubble and smell when plugged into the new cart with the iq charging systems. I never experienced that with the other cart (same batteries), using my dpi charger. They also seem to charge in a matter of a few hours which is odd compared to the other one taking at least over night. I ought the batteries about a year ago and I checked them all indepent and they seem to have around 8.5v when fresh off the dpi charger.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramlinck1 View Post
I feel like I'm going to ruin my batteries. They gurgle, bubble and smell when plugged into the new cart with the iq charging systems. I never experienced that with the other cart (same batteries), using my dpi charger. They also seem to charge in a matter of a few hours which is odd compared to the other one taking at least over night. I ought the batteries about a year ago and I checked them all indepent and they seem to have around 8.5v when fresh off the dpi charger.
DPI charge profile is not as "aggressive" as the Power Drive charger that comes with Club Car, the DPI is a smart-charger whereas the DP is not... But there is nothing at all wrong with gurgle, bubble or smell as long at they are not HOT to the touch or needing water more than normal...
Old 10-25-2016, 09:22 PM   #7
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thank you very much!! I'm just new to this system and trying to settle my nerves. I kept on searching for the answers to the smell and bubblin. I've read that it's normal and that it's bad so I was confused. Thanks again!
Old 10-25-2016, 09:43 PM   #8
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thank you very much!! I'm just new to this system and trying to settle my nerves. I kept on searching for the answers to the smell and bubblin. I've read that it's normal and that it's bad so I was confused. Thanks again!
As long as not bubbling over and creating a mess that's the sign of a good healthy charge being accepted... During the charge voltage on your 48 volt pack rises as high as 65 volts, there will be bubbling....
Old 10-25-2016, 11:20 PM   #9
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Does charging a pack that was at about 48-49v only take an couple hours though? And is it correct that a fully charged pack should be between 50-51v?
Old 10-26-2016, 04:49 AM   #10
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Does charging a pack that was at about 48-49v only take an couple hours though? And is it correct that a fully charged pack should be between 50-51v?
Time is going to depend on the charge profile and the depth of discharge...

With a fully charged pack the closer to 51 the better...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car