lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
rileymon
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Lightbulb 92 club car 36v with curtis controller

Since I have acquired this club car ,it had been sitting for quite a few years.
I Installed a new set of batteries and that's when the fun began.
Nothing happened .so pulled out the batteries and just started a through inspection .
forward micro switch bad , Check
micro switch in v glide bad ,check
bad solenoid? purchased new and check to in stall
old solenoid installed backwards?
By now the back body is off and have been poking at this and that ,
Finally living in BA parts are hard to come by ,everything shipped and double the price for duty.
Get the new switch's installed in the v glide and f/r switch
Now do not know how important the resistor from v glide to reverse micro switch is but just added 18 gauge wire and hooked to reverse micro as the resistor was bad.
Install the batteries and charge, everything else seems tight ,ok hit the key and punch the throttle I got power ,COOL
Had the back end jacked up and seemed to be working ok.
Well lets take her off the jack and find a little piece of 2x6 to set on the batteries and take this baby for a spin around the block.
Now not realizing how powerful a 36 club car is that is not quite right ,before my head snapped back into the upright position I had pushed my old ezgo with the brake on about 8 feet into the front of my pickup before it stopped.
That wasn't so bad just seems to have a little throttle problem!
Put the old girl in forward and lightly touch the pedal to leave the scene of the crime and get it back in the carport ,Burn rubber and slide through the carport with the brakes if you can call them that locked down hard !Now she goes but only has one speed WFO >Any ideas on how to slow this thoroughbred down would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by rileymon; 10-26-2016 at 01:55 PM.. Reason: Club car post
rileymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
club car 92 troubleshoot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car