lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
BigdaddyJim
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS year unknown

I found a 48 volt Club Car DS with lift kit and big tires with 10" aluminum rims on Craigslist for a very reasonable price and drove 2 hours to buy it. The first thing I found was serial # tags were removed. The cart is from the lower 90's and after the drive I gave in and bought it as is. The owner told me it would work sometime and a wire was overheating.
I arrived home and my neighbors swarmed me to check it out. After finding a disconnected wire on the foot pedal and 1 cable replacement I was flying around the block at 16MPH, I'm happy to say the least!
The next morning batteries were at 52volts, solenoid clicked but would not move.
Now let me tell you what I've learned about the cart which has been modified.
The fwd/rev switch is EZGO, It is using a ITS sensor for speed control (no microswitch just jumper wire) and I think a Curtis 1204 or 1205 controller (no labels), and D&B motor. I swapped the solenoid which was getting hot and still runs only after it sits awhile. I removed the fwd/rev switch and cleaned the contact surfaces and I'm replacing all the cables with 1/0 fine strand welding wire.
I do not believe this will fix the problem and believe the controller is bad, it has a cold solder joint or something. My issue is what is the correct controller to use with ITS. Also after research I still do not understand how it works with the ITS sensor instead of a 5K pot. My buddies want to get rid of Vglide pots and go to ITS if they can.
thanks
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg
BigdaddyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS year unknown

The controller could be the Curtis ESCII-HD (1205-117) which uses the ITS throttle input and is used in EZGO carts at 36 volts.

The F&R is the likely source of problems with no go.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
BigdaddyJim
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car DS year unknown

I removed the F/R and cleaned it. The + cable from B+ on controller is bad for sure. I'm going to make new cables out of 1/0 as soon as I can. The problem is I have to work I'm locking boats thru Canaveral Locks as I type.....Sunny 74 degrees perfect boating weather
BigdaddyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car