lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Default 48 volt upgrade specs

I decided to go with the 6 8 volts for the ease and space under my seat as I already have a trolling motor battery for all of the goodies. I went with Crown CR-190s as the battery of choice, we ahve no dealer close, I emailed the rep and within a few minutes had a phone call and a dealer that delivers all around my area. I met the deliver driver about 45 minutes from my house and at $110 per battery I was MORE than pleased. Local 890 prices were $180 plus. Alltrax 500 set to 425 amps and away we go!

Test loop consists of a decent hill right by my house and one good hill in the neighborhood - 1.4 mile loop.

Before - crappy 4 plus year old 36 volt set up, not sure how well they were broken in. My test top speed 24.4, first decent hill 13 mph, and the big hill drops to 8 and during the test loop dropped to 37.7 volts.

NEW wonderful batteries - top speed currently 28.7, decent hill 20 mph and the big hill 15 mph!!!

I know there is more to come, but on the decent hill, I could actually get up it without full throttle and accelerate on the hill, which I could never do before.

That stupid grin is still on my face!!
sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #2
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 48 volt upgrade specs

Oh that's cool, congratulations. I was thinking of crown batteries for my cart because I read somewhere that they were descent but I don't have a dealer near me.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

and Luke....as you use the break in procedure on cartsunlimited.net site, your range will increase from where it is now as the batteries break in.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Kewl!

Break those new batteries in right and keep them as fully charged as possible and practice, and they ought to last a long time.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyluke View Post
I decided to go with the 6 8 volts for the ease and space under my seat as I already have a trolling motor battery for all of the goodies. I went with Crown CR-190s as the battery of choice, we ahve no dealer close, I emailed the rep and within a few minutes had a phone call and a dealer that delivers all around my area. I met the deliver driver about 45 minutes from my house and at $110 per battery I was MORE than pleased. Local 890 prices were $180 plus. Alltrax 500 set to 425 amps and away we go!

Test loop consists of a decent hill right by my house and one good hill in the neighborhood - 1.4 mile loop.

Before - crappy 4 plus year old 36 volt set up, not sure how well they were broken in. My test top speed 24.4, first decent hill 13 mph, and the big hill drops to 8 and during the test loop dropped to 37.7 volts.

NEW wonderful batteries - top speed currently 28.7, decent hill 20 mph and the big hill 15 mph!!!

I know there is more to come, but on the decent hill, I could actually get up it without full throttle and accelerate on the hill, which I could never do before.

That stupid grin is still on my face!!
48 V conversion is great isn't it? :thumb up:

I just converted as well and I am getting top speed 30 MPH on 19.5" wheel/tire combo. If you are running 23", you theoretically should be getting 3-4 MPH more top end speed than me. That is unless you have some monster heavy wheels that are sapping your torque, or if you have other drivetrain losses, brake drag etc.
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO