lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #11
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: About controllers

Another thing to consider is the battery pack. A standard 36v pack isn't capable of delivering more then 600 amps or so. Even if you had a controller that was rated to 2000 amps the pack can't deliver that much even if the motor requested it. Your home built 1000 amp controller is more suited towards EV conversions of cars, not a golf cart unless you are drag racing it.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Makes that "commodore 64" i started on seem like a real hotrod... Back on topic, the amp output is adjustable, would be fine for about any series motor at many voltages if tuned properly. No where does it say it "only" operates at 144v, and "only" 1000amps....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:01 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My only concern would be how well the DIYer could solder, and how durable the thing would be under bumpy buggy use. EV cars are probably a much easier environment than a buggy. Besides bouncing, they'd have to be environmentally protected, against harsh wet, acidic environment. Heat dissipation has to be considered, especially if it's going to be potted.

Other than that, looks kewl.

Granted, you can buy a ready built controller, but some folks like to DIY, even if it costs more.

I haven't read it, just skimmed through it, but it looks like it has a digital display, which we've discussed several times as being something that several of us would like from ours.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I could not imagine anywhere you could get a 1000 amp programmable controller for 3-4-5-$600 at any voltage level. The alltrax spm800 is over $1k (and really fun!). Please dont refer me to any CTS rebuilt "1000 amp" controller inside a short curtis controller package, those are better maracas than controllers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO