lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
derkoldoo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default do it urself paint?

anyone out there paint their own cart and get good results? Did the paint hold up? look good? I am a painter,but all I have painted is a lot of top notch cabinet painting. I worked in cabinet shop for years,and to toot my own horn (toot toot) I do really good work. I have never tried my hand at auto paint or whatever is used on plastic cart bodies. if anyone has done it and been completely happy with it, please tell me what you used? primer, paint, and what you sprayed with? I have a good cup gun.

I didn't forget, I just haven't done it yet
derkoldoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
criley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: di it urself paint?

High end painted kitchen cabinets... Never knew such a thing existed. I guess I'm poorer than I thought!
criley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by criley View Post
High end painted kitchen cabinets... Never knew such a thing existed. I guess I'm poorer than I thought!
We poor folk wouldn't know anything about high end cabinets.

My cart panels were painted about a month ago by a friend of a friend. He used a ppg delfleet paint and a good quality clear. He used a harbor freight throw away paint gun, and I have to say, it turned out pretty good. I was going to paint it myself but my compressor isn't big enough, I didn't want to turn my garage into a paint booth, etc... If you have a plastic body on your cart be sure to use a adhesion promoter. Without it the primer and paint will just peel off like the skin of a banana.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #4
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've always paint my cart by myself with a 5hp 80 gallon compressor,, the result is pretty good....
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd62 View Post
I've always paint my cart by myself with a 5hp 80 gallon compressor,, the result is pretty good....
That must be nice, I wish I had a compressor that big.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
That must be nice, I wish I had a compressor that big.

Hahaha! For my rxv i plan to paint it black and add some purple or green flame:-
Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hahaha! For my rxv i plan to paint it black and add some purple or green flame:-
Oh that would be cool, I can see green flames on a black canvas...
Old 03-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah,i think it will be nice too.. So, Kal did you finish your ez go project,, i remember your lift kit problem...
Old 03-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #9
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yeah,i think it will be nice too.. So, Kal did you finish your ez go project,, i remember your lift kit problem...
Still working on it. I'm pretty much done with the electrical and the body should be going back on hopefully this weekend. I still have that issue with the rear lift plate. Jake's sent me the wrong parts, even though I called them twice to confirm them. That just kills me, spend all that time on hold and put up with a guy that thinks I'm a paranoid moron and they still give me the wrong stuff. What I did do is take out the bolts and put new nuts on with less torque (20 ft lbs instead of 40). I still have the wang in that plate but I'll let it ride for now.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #10
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you keep the stock motor controller or upgrade it ?? It"s really bad for your lift kit,, that why the front wasn't fit too.. At least you seem to be good in mecanic...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO