lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default steering stabalizer

I tested my car yesterday , had my gps in hand to check top speed ,hit 28 cart got shaky had to put gps down , I was still picking up speed , but my question is , does anyone have a link to steering stabalizers ?? I will modify something if i must ,but depending on price Id like to buy a bolt in ready one , thanks , Rich
richieap is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #2
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: steering stabalizer

nevermind , i should have done a search before posting this, i found it, Its too early
Old 03-21-2014, 07:03 AM   #3
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

let us know how that works out if you get it. I've been thinking about getting one for mine is a little sketchy in the high-speed turns
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #4
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieap View Post
I tested my car yesterday , had my gps in hand to check top speed ,hit 28 cart got shaky had to put gps down , I was still picking up speed , but my question is , does anyone have a link to steering stabalizers ?? I will modify something if i must ,but depending on price Id like to buy a bolt in ready one , thanks , Rich
Rich---I have the same cart and it did the same thing the other day. We're you by yourself? I had four people on mine at the time. It started swaying back and forth pretty hard. I thought it was because of the extra weight. Even when I am by myself when the cart gets close to 30 it gets shaky as hell. I don't really know what to do about it other than slow it down.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:42 AM   #5
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
Rich---I have the same cart and it did the same thing the other day. We're you by yourself? I had four people on mine at the time. It started swaying back and forth pretty hard. I thought it was because of the extra weight. Even when I am by myself when the cart gets close to 30 it gets shaky as hell. I don't really know what to do about it other than slow it down.
I was by myself , seems 28 mph is my number, anything faster the steering gets real loose , wanders , felt if i had one bad move I would roll , I was on flat smooth asphault , have to hold the wheel tight with both hands to keep it straight , I may see about fabricating one , they look pretty straight forward , I like going fast and this was just plain sketchy
Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #6
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That 28 number will drop if you have a load. Keep me in the loop if you decide to put a stabilizer on. Something has got to work.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:58 AM   #7
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
That 28 number will drop if you have a load. Keep me in the loop if you decide to put a stabilizer on. Something has got to work.
I only go fast alone , I wouldnt put the G/f or her kid in danger ,I did a test a few min ago ,found an app that has fastest recall setting so i could concentrate on driving , top end was 34 mph , 28 to 34 was just plain crazy shaky , , Ill let you know when i get a stabalizer , my next purchase is a back seat and 48 v charger , i hate borrowing the one from work ,
Old 03-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

OK so i got a slightly used stabalizer from a buddy $20 bucks !!!! , just need to install it now
Old 03-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I hit 37.6 going down my steepest hill, and have always felt the steering was squirrley. Seems way worse with three passengers. I've considered a stabilizer, but it's not on the top of my list.

Before I rebuilt my steering box, it would seem to hit a back and forth resonance, which I have learned to control, but when other folks drove it, they would end up zigging and zagging and taking up both lanes, until they slowed down.

Let us know how it works.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
richieap
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

installed and handles way better ! well worth it , takes the bump steer away and alittle stiffer steering
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart body 003.jpg (372.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO