lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
ezgo-ntxn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2005 TXT PDS - new cart/owner questions

Guys I am new to the forum and just purchased a used 2005 TXT PDS stock cart except for a rear flip seat and have a 6" lift and 22" tires on the way. I have used a boating forum in the past and gotten a lot of great imformation so I wanted to give this place a shot.
I have a couple newbie questions-
Do any of you have a good scheduled maintence list of what you check and grease/oil regularly, wear items I need to be replacing or checking out? The cart is in good shape (retirement community life before), but want to have it ready for some tougher work..

I see there are several performance options included a low cost freedom chip and there are many options out there, do you reccomend any of them?

I am planning on ordering a battery indicator, 12v receptacle, and a voltage reducer to install lights, possible radio, etc. Should upgrading the old wiring between batteries be a priority?

Do you recommend cutting the area below the seat to add accessories or making sure to run everything to the dash area? IT seems the below seat area is less wiring distance and close to batteries, just curious

Are there any go-to items that I should be looking at right now that you find useful?

I also see a little wobble on the old steel wheels and tires on both front and rear, is this something I should look at on the hubs before I do the lift kit?

sorry for the long post, thank you in advance for any advice you have.
ezgo-ntxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 TXT PDS - new cart/owner questions

The 22" tall tires are going to reduce the cart's torque by about 20%, if they are the low pressure types, they'll take away more torque.

Unless they have been replaced by a previous owner, the high current cables are nine years old and may be 6Ga. All 10 of them ought to be 4Ga or heavier. My first upgrade was 2Ga cables.

For a battery meter, get the DVM type. The LED bar-graph types lie more than some politicians. Even the old analog type meter is better.

There are all sorts of options available. Figure out what you want the cart to do, then build towards that goal.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
ezgo-ntxn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 TXT PDS - new cart/owner questions

JohnnieB thanks for the reply, the replacement cables make sense, will add that to the list, thanks
ezgo-ntxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2005 TXT PDS - new cart/owner questions

The wobbling wheels on the front may be shot bearings or out of round wheels and/or tires. I'd check those first. Bent axle is possible but not likely

For the rear, if check the hub for being out of round as the culprit.

I have wobbling issue with my wheels and replaced bearings up front and changed out to new hubs with Ausco mechanical disc brakes and my wobbles are gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO