lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
bigtimegolf777
Not Yet Wild

Default 99' ezgo will not start...why?

I live in a cold weather city, and decided to get my 99 ezgo electric golf cart ready for the year. It has basically sat there since November, but i did charge the batteries around the new year.

I go outside to charge the cart up, and get nothing. Charger is plugged in, and nothing is happening. What gives? Cart sat in my garage all winter, so it really doesn't get below freezing in there.

Any ideas/solutions?
Thanks
bigtimegolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
boompa
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99' ezgo will not start...why?

If your batts are totally dead your charger will not turn on. Give each batt a trickle charge for a hour or so and then your charger should turn on. hope that helps..
boompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99' ezgo will not start...why?

Reference above post: Check battery voltages with a voltmeter. I they are dead, you can use a automotive charger to try to bring them back to life. If you have six volt batteries and a 12 volt automotive charger connect it across two batteries in series at a time observing the polarity. You don't need to disconnect batteries to do this. The cart charger uses the carts battery voltage to turn the charger on so if the carts batteries are dead or nearly dead the charger will not turn on .
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO