lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Was programming alltrax 400 dcx and now cart is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by financethis View Post
not hijack the add, but does a ezgo series have the same its throttle "that does not like to get wet" ?

anything to make it more waterproof? besides not driving in water.
Yes, they have the same ITS sensor located in the same leaky box.

I think the biggest problem is the throttle linkage rod from the pedal goes through a hole in the front of the box and has to move freely. Maybe a flexible boot or something similar to an oil seal would help, but I've never seen anything for it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Mine looks to be potted fairly well. Are we sure it's the actual ITS getting wet, and not a little leakage current between the terminals on the outside of the ITS? When mine got wet, I believe it hit it with a leaf blower and it dried ans worked normal quicker than I would have expected with leaky potting allowing moisture inside the ITS. Just speculating. Easy enough to test at the Molex plug without removing the floor.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #23
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Mine looks to be potted fairly well. Are we sure it's the actual ITS getting wet, and not a little leakage current between the terminals on the outside of the ITS? When mine got wet, I believe it hit it with a leaf blower and it dried ans worked normal quicker than I would have expected with leaky potting allowing moisture inside the ITS. Just speculating. Easy enough to test at the Molex plug without removing the floor.
I agree with Yurtle (hope that doesn't ruin my reputation around here! )...... I am planning to put some silicone sealant on the two plug-on connections to "waterproof" them. I don't see how water could get inside the ITS itself, because they are pretty much solid epoxy-potted.....
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

They are dipped in epoxy and the coating can crack with age.... The ITS 4 wire harness has a molex type connector which could be wet or corroded also?

Is it dry yet?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #25
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

My ITS has no cracks, so I may squirt some water in my molex one day and see if it acts up. That may rule out the ITS, assuming it isn't cracked. If cracked on the outside, not inside the "tube where the plunger goes, it may be possible to seal the cracks.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
My ITS has no cracks, so I may squirt some water in my molex one day and see if it acts up. That may rule out the ITS, assuming it isn't cracked. If cracked on the outside, not inside the "tube where the plunger goes, it may be possible to seal the cracks.
Considering the possible costs of shorting out a speed control I would say you are foolish or have $ to burn....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #27
kdischbein
Not Yet Wild

What reading should I expect if I tested the molex conmector. I have already tested where the 4 wires plug into the wires that go into the molex. 2 of them had reading the other 2 had nothing. I'm not an electrical guru so I may not have even tested the right wires

The accelerator micro switch had readings but the ITS had nothing. But I'm not sure on the proper testing of those wires
kdischbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You're probably right, though the Molex plug is hardly located in a water proof location. I think I'll pass on this test, even though clean (non-chlorinated) water is a poor conductor.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdischbein View Post
What reading should I expect if I tested the molex conmector. I have already tested where the 4 wires plug into the wires that go into the molex. 2 of them had reading the other 2 had nothing. I'm not an electrical guru so I may not have even tested the right wires

The accelerator micro switch had readings but the ITS had nothing. But I'm not sure on the proper testing of those wires
Jack the rear wheels off the floor so the half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over somebody.

Measure between the black and white wires with a DVM with everything connected.

Pedal up, should be 10V and pedal down should be 6V.

FWIW: Here is a block diagram of the ITS sensor. Technically it is a proximity sensor that tells the controller how far the iron slug that is attached to the pedal is inserted into the core.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS sensor - Block diagram.JPG (49.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #30
kdischbein
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Jack the rear wheels off the floor so the half ton cart doesn't take off unexpectedly and run over somebody.

Measure between the black and white wires with a DVM with everything connected.

Pedal up, should be 10V and pedal down should be 6V.

FWIW: Here is a block diagram of the ITS sensor. Technically it is a proximity sensor that tells the controller how far the iron slug that is attached to the pedal is inserted into the core.

Thank you for this info. I Will test it tomorrow.
kdischbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO