lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
krazycolors
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo charger troubleshooting chart

I used to have an EZGO charger troubleshooting chart that was nice to have, but I think I let someone use it and never got it back.. Does anyone know what I am referring to? If anyone has something like that, I would appreciate a copy.

Thank you!
krazycolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo charger troubleshooting chart

Oops...Shoulda never gave that away.... I dont have one, i do it from memory. What model/type charger do you have?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
krazycolors
Not Yet Wild

Powerwise (black case with a yellow powerwise on it) 36volt.

I walked a friend of mine through what I thought was a few checks on the charger. I thought the chart I use to have would of been perfect, but nowhere to be found! The issues seem to be changing so its tough to put my finger on exactly what he has going on. First it was the fuse in the charger. Then when he plugged it into the cart it sparked (im assuming blew the fuse again) from the charger receptical. He tried a different charger and it seemed to work fine. He hasn't touched anything in the charger except for the 50amp fuse and he jumped the relay to check the board. He tested the Diodes with a multi meter. Almost sounds like a couple wires are switched around or the transformer is putting out some goofy voltages.. Im not sure. Thanks For the help!
krazycolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sure sounds like a bad diode to me. ONLY DO THESE STEPS IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH USING YOUR VOLT-METER ON "AC", "DC", AND "OHMS". AND THE DANGERS OF "WALL-POWER 110v AC". ALL CONNECTS/DISCONNECTS SHALL BE DONE WITH "AC" AND "DC GOLF CART" UNPLUGGED FROM THE WALL/CART! PLUG IN AFTER CONNECTIONS ARE "CONNECTED OR UN-CONNECTED" DO NOT DO THIS WHILE CONNECTED TO "PLUGGED IN POWER"!! EACH STEP WILL REQUIRE UN-PLUGGING THE CART, AND THE "WALL PLUG". Disconnect the capacitor (oval-shaped can), set "your DVM meter" to 20m ohm (highest ohm setting), test capacitor, should slowly rise to "~" , starts low, increases to "OL" or whatever "not connected" looks like on your meter ". If this test passes OK, Disconnect both "legs" from the rectifier (diode part, not the "center bolt"), and check them individually (voltage while "plugged in"), by bypassing the relay with a jumper. they should be identical. USE CAUTION, THIS IS LIVE 120V ON THE RELAY, and BIG (3X+) voltage at the capacitor... This is forcing the transformer to be on, so you can check output voltage on Both "legs" to the rectifier. It will (should) be around 46v AC on BOTH sides BEFORE the rectifier. If they are not nearly identical (regardless of voltage found,if the capacitor is connected and working) there is a problem in the transformer. This is not a suitabe test for a "SCR" charger, lester "e-series", <<("powerwise 3"? i cant recall the name) or a high frequency "QE charger", they are totally different. Only "powerwise" or "total-charge" style chargers, or older. "Grey lester's", or "big fins" Delta-Q QE chargers do not apply here. If this seems like "too much" for you, than it is, have it fixed by a pro.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO