lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #11
littledigger
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Possible bad resistor

Sorry my bad I didn't realize the numbers flipped upside down. The reading at J1 pin 5 when pedal pressed is 19.6 before it is pressed 37.
littledigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2014, 01:49 AM   #12
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledigger View Post
Sorry my bad I didn't realize the numbers flipped upside down. The reading at J1 pin 5 when pedal pressed is 19.6 before it is pressed 37.
Now we are getting somewhere. It appears you have the wire from J1 pin 5 connected to the wrong side of the solenoid contacts. You have it connected to B+ instead of Battery +. Double check wiring. J1 pin 5 should be connected to the battery side of the solenoid contacts. Look at diagram. You are measuring the lower voltage because of the pre charge resistor across the open solenoid contacts. When the solenoid energizes and the contacts make connection only then does Battery + becomes the same as B+ because the resistor is then bypassed. J1 pin 5 should be battery pack voltage all the time whether the solenoid is energized or not. This is probably why you are getting a welded solenoid contact code.

This is one of the cases where Battery + and B + are not the same. Check with JohnnieB before making any change.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:32 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Voltage on Pins 6 & 7 is being measured instead of 4 & 5.
When plugged in, top row of Pins left to right is 10 thru 6/
Pin-5 is the bottom left pin, Pin-2 is second from the left on the bottom row.

The drawing of controller on the top of the schematic shows pin and plug locations.

------------
Oops - see you figured that out while I was typing.

Actually, I didn't see the last page when I replied.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:04 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Okay to verify the red wire with the large ring terminal is on the Battery side large stud on the solenoid, but I believe the problem is a bad connection in the wiring harness where the red wire that connects to Pin-5 is ultrasonically welded to the red wire that goes from the solenoid's battery side large terminal to the beeper.

Pin-5 feeds the electronics of the controller, which is in a stand-by state until the pedal microswitch is closed. When the pedal switch closes, the controller activates the solenoid coil and a some other circuits wake up, so more amperage is drawn through Pin-5. If there is any resistance in the red wire junction, the voltage on Pin-5 drops.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:50 AM   #15
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree there could be a resistive connection. A continuity check with an ohm meter is in order.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #16
littledigger
Not Yet Wild

So turns out it was the red wire on the wrong side of the solenoid. Switched it over and away she went. Thank you both for your very informative responses. I would never have figured it out otherwise. I will surely recommend this site to others. Thanks!!!
littledigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:51 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad you found and fixed the problem.
Thanks for the feedback.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO