lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 Ezgo Dc Controller 1206sx wiring pics

If the solenoid does not click - test it for basic operation and then test the activation circuit..
Here is the DCS Solenoid activation diagram.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS Solenoid activation.jpg (85.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
Wiljimes
Not Yet Wild

Well I bought a new solenoid and installed now it clicks when putting it in forward or reverse however when I try to go in forward or reverse the buggy hops like it wants to go could my batterys need charged??!?!
Wiljimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiljimes View Post
Well I bought a new solenoid and installed now it clicks when putting it in forward or reverse however when I try to go in forward or reverse the buggy hops like it wants to go could my batterys need charged??!?!
If you have to ask, the answer is yes.

You batteries should be put on charge after each use, or about once a week if not in use.

What is the battery pack voltage?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #14
Wiljimes
Not Yet Wild

36 Volt. I asked because I jacked the back tires off the ground the tires would stop and go and stop and go then they just stopped. Thanks for the help the cart hasn't been charged up for almost 4 weeks while I replaced the soleniod, controller and motor.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
36 Volt. I asked because I jacked the back tires off the ground the tires would stop and go and stop and go then they just stopped. Thanks for the help the cart hasn't been charged up for almost 4 weeks while I replaced the soleniod, controller and motor.
If the pack voltage is 36.0V, the batteries are only 42.5% charged, which is a NO-NO.

You never want to discharge your batteries below 50% when driving the cart, or let them self discharge below 70% when cart is not being used.

Cart Batteries typically self-discharge at about 1% per day, so you might get by with letting them sit for a month, but the higher the average SoC (State of Charge) maintained, the longer it is before you have to replace the very expensive batteries.

Attached is a chart correlating Voltage to SoC. The voltages on the chart are measured after the batteries have "Rested" about 12 hours. (At-Rest means neither Charged nor Discharged)

----------------
The DCS controller does not have a low-voltage cutoff and can be damaged by running it with severely discharged batteries.

If your DCS controller (Curtis 1206SX) is bad, don't replace it with a stock DCS controller.
Install something like an Alltax DCX400 and you will have a cart that will do over 20 MPH on stock height tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JohnnieB's SoC Chart.JPG (66.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Put the meter on the pack and run the cart ..... when it's safely recharged.
Often a bad battery will show 6v until loaded then drop to 4v = If just one battery is doing this the cart will cut in and out.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #17
Wiljimes
Not Yet Wild

Well not sure if I agree if the batteries are weak or needing charged I placed the cart on the charger for about an hour and tried driving it in forward and reverse the cart just jerks ruffly but will not move in reverse or forward? Any other thoughts?
Old 05-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well not sure if I agree if the batteries are weak or needing charged I placed the cart on the charger for about an hour and tried driving it in forward and reverse the cart just jerks ruffly but will not move in reverse or forward? Any other thoughts?
I think you have one or more bad batteries.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The only thing we know is you said you had 36 volts, and haven't charged them for one month. You were asked to charge the batteries, but you only gave it one hour on the charger. Charging will likely take 12 - 16 hours.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

It's possible that under load, the voltage is dropping so low, either the controller or solenoid are dropping out. Charge the batteries, then give us a voltage on each battery to the hundredth of a volt. Wait 12 hours after the charge completes to take these measurements.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO