lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
1tsLLC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 EZ-GO RXV Electric wheels not turning

New Kansas Cart Builder Electric EZGO RXV question.
1tsLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #2
1tsLLC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 EZ-GO RXV Electric wheels not turning

I started building custom carts 6 months ago. I am finishing up one of my 2011 electric RXV's. When I pulled it onto my lift it was fine. Right now it is basically the belly pan with the battery's with front end in tact on jack stands. My issue is when I tested it prior to installing the new body I can't get the rear wheels to move when in reverse or forward. When I turn the key onto reverse or forward it makes all the same sounds as my personal 2011 RXV and I hear the same "sounds" at the motor. I matched the voltage at the 3 cables to the motor with my "working" cart and they are the same. I have 48 volts to the connector at the automatic brake when the key is in reverse and forward so there is power there but the axles wont move. I removed the 3 screws that hold the brake to the motor and removed it. The axle spins freely so this tells me the brake is engaged. My local EZ-GO dealer is no help...... Doe's anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2011 EZ-GO RXV Electric wheels not turning

Leave the brake wired but leave it disconnected from the motor and try it. If it works then you probably have a dead brake.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
1tsLLC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

In either forward or reverse key position with the connector unplugged at the motor brake, the axle still is locked. When I press the pedal it sounds like the motor is wanting to turn but nothing. Common sense tells me that the brake is "on" with no voltage and dis-engaged with voltage.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ok, do the reverse. Take the 3 10mm bolts out, plug the wire back into the brake and see what happens. Brake has to be connected wiring wise to run correctly.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
1tsLLC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I did just that on Saturday. I removed the brake from the motor and set it on the frame still plugged in. I pressed the accelerator pedal and got some warning sounds like the controller knew the brake wasn't grounded but no motor action. I could turn the axle freely without the brake installed though.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I don't think the controller cares about it being grounded but you should have 48 volts at the connector plug when the run tow switch is in tow and the key switch is on N. If not, you have a wiring issue or controller.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #8
1tsLLC
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got 48 volts at the connector with the cart in "tow" and the key switch in the "N" position. Could it be as simple as the brake being bad.... "locked up"
Old 05-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it was just that, it would have spun the wheels with brake removed. It could be the brake is messed up so bad the controller doesn't see it but that is stretching it. If you have another cart, swap the brake out and see.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #10
chriskent85
Gone Wild

You might want to add a little to this, doesn't really tell us much. Could be anything
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO