lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
canmannc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 95 EzGo DCS won't go

Nice forum! Troubleshooting according to directions from this site. Very good info I must say...However, Cart just stopped...been troubleshooting a couple days. Solenoid read "ref battery voltage (36.9) on both sides...so changed solenoid. $35... still no go...still reads same both sides. No voltage on pin #9. Run/Tow switch and wiring checks good. Found "Ignition interlock switch" white wire broken on back of charger receptacle. Fixed that and now after turning to run it moves about 1 foot and dies. Turn off and turn to tow, wait fro a few minutes and same thing. I am stumped. Any ideas???
Thanks, Joel
canmannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 EzGo DCS won't go

Reading the same voltage on both sides of the solenoid in a normal hookup is because the voltage is feed through to the low side of the solenoid through a pre-charge resistor to the controller. Keep the solenoid you changed out because it may be ok.

I would re-check the voltage on the solenoid contacts when the pedal is depressed and the cart moves one foot and stops and keep foot on pedal.

I forgot to ask.. does the solenoid click when you try to go?

No voltage on pin 9 on the controller? It gets voltage form a red wire on the Direction Selector Switch which is fed from a red-white wire to a white wire at the ignition interlock. the run-tow switch from the ignition interlock. Look in the stickies for a wiring diagram. You should have voltage there now after fixing the broken wire to the interlock switch.

36.9 volts indicate the batteries need charging.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:14 AM   #3
canmannc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply and assist radioman. I'll check this out today hopefully...I will post results.
canmannc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A significant drop in voltage under load may indicate a battery problem. Stop all testing if you see battery voltage drop sharply.

DCS controllers will self destruct under low voltage operation.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO