lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #11
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

Default Re: 99 ezgo just quit

Bypassed micro switch. Solenoid clicked controller led light up. Pressed the pedal and immediately burned +post off #4 battery.

Makes no sense.

Dan
Ezgodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #12
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well you have a bad micro switch in the pedal box, however battery post burning off makes no sense. And you had rear wheels off ground too?.. I suspect you had a bad/corroded connection on that battery post. Was the big battery jumper cable connected to the next battery the only thing connected there or is it also 12 volt tap there too where something might have shorted out in the 12v connection? Batteries are in series and why one post on one battery would burn off suggests a bad connection.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #13
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

No nothing else connected to that battery. Should the tires turn without pressing the pedal when I jumped micro switch?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Not if the ITS is adjusted correctly. There should be a short distance on the throttle between when the solenoid clicks and when it starts going.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #15
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No the tires should not have turned. Although the ITS plunger adjustment might be problem if not adjusted as yurtle states, unless you have messed with it recently, cautiously assume adjustment is not the problem.

Water in the pedal box is bad news for both the ITS and the Micro Switch. If the rear tires moved before you pressed the pedal something else is wrong too. When you get power back to cart, repeat the micro switch test with the white and black wires on the ITS module disconnected. You may have leakage in the ITS cable/connector if the wheels turn. Actually you may also have leakage in the ITS itself. I discovered that to my surprise yesterday when working on my own golf cart. Leakage in the pedal box cable itself can fool the controller the cart to move with the ITS disconnected.

Any clue how water is getting into pedal box? You are going to have trouble forever unless you solve that.

Be sure to keep rear wheels off the ground. That thing will take off without warning especially when working on this part of the circuit. Had it happen..
Old 05-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #16
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Clarify did the wheels turn before you pressed the pedal when you jumped the pedal micro switch?

Last edited by radioman; 05-30-2014 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: delete duplicate post
Old 05-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #17
Ezgodan
Getting Wild

Okay after new micro switch and new t-105 I am carting again.

Thanks for all the help guys

dan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO